Photoescape Reviews: Daiso Charcoal Face Mask


Hey guys! I am finally back with a new product review! This has been long over due so please forgive me on this. Since I have been very busy lately, I turn to face masks I can use at home to refresh my skin from the stress of daily life. And this one really did help my skin in removing the whiteheads and blackheads I get. 

And yes I am talking about Daiso's Charcoal Mask. I am pretty sure everyone knows this since there have been other bloggers that have talked about this a couple of years ago. And usually when I go to Daiso either they don't have it or it is out of stock. Knowing that this is only 88 pesos, its no wonder a lot of girls search for this.


And since it became available and highly recommended by some bloggers - a lot of girls bought this face mask. I was one of the few that has become frustrated and just gave up searching different daiso stores for it. 

But one faithful day I got one! yey! 

The packaging is really generic if you ask me. It comes in a 80g white tube with a black cap and same color for the label. And also the writing is part Japanese, Part English so there won't be a problem with the instructions.  


Upon purchase, the product is sealed which is great because you are assured that the item is brand new. 



The product is a thick black liquid that is a bit sticky if you ask me. And if you will be applying this make sure to use your fingers instead of a brush for even application. Then let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and once its dry you can peel the mask off. 

The next pictures you are about to see are the gross reality of my face..well a week of not exfoliating that is..I've warned you! 


The thing that I hate about this mask is when you take it off- It is painful AF. You can actually feel that the mask is pulling out something out of your pores and then the aftermath makes the skin so bare and like you have wide open holes. So make sure to apply a serum since your pores are larger than usual, meaning there can be dirt that can go in immediately so make sure to cover that. 

Here are some macro shots (don't hate me after this) 






My face is not always like this okay? I actually didn't exfoliate for a week before using this mask so that I can really test if this thing does work. 

And yes it does! 


With continuous usage of this, I actually noticed that my skin looked brighter even without make up so I definitely have this as a part of my weekly detox. 

Overall, I am in love with this mask! It is locally available, affordable, did not break me out and got the job done. The downside though is if you have sensitive skin, the peeling off process would make your skin really red and it is quite painful and applying is a bit messy. I can look pass those two if a product gets its job done. 

If you have oily, acne prone skin this would be great to use because charcoal is a great agent to pull out those nasty toxins in our face and also the blackheads and whiteheads. 

That's it for today's review, I hope you girls found this helpful if you will be going to daiso soon. I have a little surprise for you girls because I know those macro shots are nasty so I have some puppy pictures to lessen the effects. 

Meet Rookie and George! 



 If you have questions or suggestions of other items I can try out for review make sure to leave them on the comments sections! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice




Comments

Ari said…
Actually the main reason it hurts when you remove it is because it's also pulling out the fine hairs on your face. Sticky masks like this usually do that :)

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo