Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo


Hello lovelies! 

Since the start of the year I told myself I will change my looks more and test things since I am not getting any younger so experimenting would definitely be on top of my list. 

With that I've actually started with my hair. I have already gone blonde although that was a little hard to maintain since I remember being told to go back after a number of weeks to have my roots done but never seem to do it because 

1. The salon I got it done was quite far from my place. 
2. Its still expensive
3. It would damage my hair tremendously

I still have qualms about getting my hair colored again professionally so I asked my mom if its much better if I color it myself - she said yes but gave me the low down on the things I have to do...remembering all those information was a toughie but I was able to get a simpler solution with it - this hair dye shampoo~ 

My mom discovered this actually and asked me to try it on my hair since she knows I need to cover up my ends ever since I got my hair cut my kind of looked like an ombre mess hall. The blonde half mixed with my natural light brown hair didn't really looked pleasing to the eyes so I gave iColor a try.




Its said that this hair dye shampoo has no ammonia meaning that it would not burn the scalp. It is also mess free and instant since all you need to do is apply it to your wet hair and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes for the color while 3-5 minutes for black. 

According to this it also nourishes, protects and repairs the hair that will leave it healthy and shiny. Since this has Olive and Noni extract, it would also condition the hair thus preventing dandruff which is a normal occurrence if your scalp had dried out from the hair color.


This is what my hair looks like before the procedure. It looks dry and lifeless. I wasn't really liking how it looked like because I look like a druggie on rehab - have been told that in my face so don't hate!


Here are the instructions:

1. Wet hair thoroughly. 
2. Mix the contents of the sachet in a container. 
3. Apply the shampoo and massage it for about 3-5 minutes. 
4. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes (for color) 3-5 minutes (for black hair)
5. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.


The procedure just takes about half an hour so in the meantime of waiting why don't we do selfies! LOL kidding!


This was supposed to be a selfie but then I noticed the smear in my forehead... WT...?!?!


And this is when I have washed my hair. The color can't be seen that much so I activated the flash.


And there we go! Tanso este the red is showing. I noticed that the color shows more on the lower ends of my hair because I got it colored in a lighter shade so expect that the color may vary per hair color.


There are some touches on the top part of my hair which is nice since it doesn't look like fake at all.


And there we go! burgundy hair is all dry! but it looks like a reddish brown hue right? oh well.. 


And this is the after shot. My hair looks much healthier with its new shade and according to some the color compliments well to my skin color. It also made my hair looked shiny and more alive. 

What I like:

- locally available
- easy to apply.
- not messy.
- doesn't sting the scalp. 
- Affordable.

What I don't like:

- The color pay off may vary. 
- limited colors. 

Verdict.

If you are a beginner and would like to try to color your hair or you would like to cover your gray hair this one is a pretty good product to use. I like that it doesn't sting the scalp because it  has no ammonia. The scent of the product is not irritating as well which is good. 

Would I repurchase? 

If I have to, yes. But as of the moment I am happy with my current hair color. 

Have you tried this hair color? Share me your experience about it on the comments section. 

Happy Friday and Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Chrissie said…
Hi! I was wondering where I can buy this? :)
Alice said…
@Chrissie Hi Chrissie! You can purchase this at any Watson or Mercury Drug store! I think SM Department store has one too but I'm not sure :) Thanks for dropping by!
Alice said…
@Chrissie Hi Chrissie! You can purchase this at any Watson or Mercury Drug store! I think SM Department store has one too but I'm not sure :) Thanks for dropping by!
Unknown said…
What are the available colors?
Unknown said…
What are the available colors to choose from?
Alice said…
@Tatat Apostol Hi Tatat! I think there is only 2 or 3 colors to choose from :) thanks for dropping by!
Unknown said…
Hi :) nice review! but do you think if i buy this but get the light brown one, will the color be visible?? i currently have my natural blackish dark brown hair. would it work?? pls reply asap thanks!!
Alice said…
@Ysha Licudan Hi Ysha! It actually depends on your hair since it varies per person and also if your hair is virgin hair or not, its thickness, and how healthy it is, thank you for commenting here! I really appreciate it! :) And also its not bad to experiment since as you mentioned you have black-brown hair right? The color might show but not as vibrant as the one in the label :)
Unknown said…
i want to use it but i dont want it to be permanent. what will happen if i will start using it?
Alice said…
@Harlyn Florendo Hi Harlyn! Thank you for reading the post! I can't answer your question directly because it would depend from what your hair state is at the moment. As like in my case, there were some parts that you can see the color while with my actual hair color it didn't really showed up that much. And regarding not wanting a permanent color, there are other options like semi permanent but unfortunately icolor doesn't have that formulation. Hope this helps! :)
Anonymous said…
How much this hair dye product?
Alice said…
@Anonymous Hi Anon 5:33pm As of the moment I think its priced around 60 pesos per sachet at Mercury drug. Thanks for dropping by! :)
Anonymous said…
I got mine at Landmark trinoma
Unknown said…
I also got mine at mercury drug store..
Anonymous said…
hi this product is ok to use even to the pregnant?
Anonymous said…
how often can i use it?
Unknown said…
Good afternoon. Ask ko lang po, kase kaninang umaga nag apply na ko ng black hair dye effective naman siya pero may parts na hindi pa black kase kinulang ako sa iColor, isang sachet lang kase ginamit ko. Nagtry lang muna ako. Pwede pa po ba ulit ako mag apply ng iColor ngayon then 2 sachets na? Hindi po kaya maging freezy? Hope you reply! I NEED YOUR RESPONSE! Thank you!
Unknown said…
Good afternoon. Ask ko lang po, kase kaninang umaga nag apply na ko ng black hair dye effective naman siya pero may parts na hindi pa black kase kinulang ako sa iColor, isang sachet lang kase ginamit ko. Nagtry lang muna ako. Pwede pa po ba ulit ako mag apply ng iColor ngayon then 2 sachets na? Hindi po kaya maging freezy? Hope you reply! I NEED YOUR RESPONSE! Thank you!
Alice said…
@Lady Pausal Hi Lady! I think it would be okay naman if you use 2 sachets since wala naman ammonia ang icolor.. hope you get the color na gusto mo iachieve! :)
Anonymous said…
I used the dark brown and found it too dark.aftr about 2 weeks i tried using chestnut to lighten my hair a bit.it had sme chestnut streaks bt mainly still the dark brown.
Would using the light brown shade have an effect to lighten my hair?will it look decent still?
How permanent is this dye really?
Should i just wait for my hair to grow before using the light shade?but this will take months?
Please help
Anonymous said…
i tried this. i used to color my hair blonde but in our school we are not allowed to have a bright hair color and my ID was confiscated because of it. i have no choice but to color my hair black. i used icolor on my hair and it works great. my hair is now completely black
Unknown said…
Pag gumamit po ba ako nito matatanggal din? May color po kasi hair ko eh
Unknown said…
Got mine today...it looks great for sensitive skin too.
Unknown said…
How long does this last?
Miriam said…
Hi! 4 days since I colored my hair using Burgundy. Pag shampoo ko nagkukukay pa rin yung water pag nag ririnse tas kumakapit pa rin kulay sa towel. Ganun rin ba experience nyo?
Miriam said…
Hi! 4 days na sakin at kumukulay pa rin yung tubig pag nag babanlaw ako pati nahahawa yung towel ko pag nagpapatuyo ng buhok. Ganun rin po ba sa inyo?

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?