Product Review: Victoria's Secret Heavenly Eyes Palette


Hello lovelies and Happy Tuesday! 

I feel a little sluggish today..maybe because I didn't sleep last night? yeah.. that's what you get when you are super excited for your birthday LOL. 

But aside from that I am really happy to do another review on my blog. I will be doing a lot of reviews this January so make sure to check back! On today's review would be all about Victoria Secret's Heavenly Eyes palette.


There isn't really a lot of reviews I've seen on this palette since most women know Victoria's Secret for their body sprays and little to imagination underwear - don't deny about it leaving little to the imagination part since most of my friends that live in the States wear them.

The palette actually contain six eye shadows a gel eye liner and a highlighter which I thought was a lip gloss of a sort. The palette was actually part of a bundle which comes with a spray from the same line.  It also comes with a dual ended eye liner and sponge eye shadow applicator.


I am pretty sure that this is not available in some stores here in Manila so make sure to check some online stores that see Victoria's Secret products.


The packaging is nice although since its a paper-based packaging it would be bound to quite messy to look at if you use this a lot. But over all its really nice. One thing that is really cool about its palette is that it has instructions if you want to use this for day and transform this for a night time look - a must if you are a working girl heading out for after work drinks with your girl friends.


The eye shadows are somewhat metallic shimmery but still workable for a daytime setting. I like that its a neutral set since its easy to use especially if you want to use this at work.




I am quite disappointed with the gel eye liner though since it smudges quite easily so I suggest make sure to apply an eye shadow primer prior to applying the liner and also top the liner with the black eyeshadow to prevent it from smudging. The highlighter is nice to use although I don't like that its a has a bronze shade but what can you do its Victoria Secret. 

What I like about it: 

- nice color selection
-good for day AND night. 
- Has instructions which is good if you are a beginner. 
- Wearable for any occasion. 

What I don't like about it: 

- Not locally available.
- gel liner smudges
- bronze highlighter. 
 
Verdict?
If you ask me if this is a good everyday palette by all means I would say that it is since its neutral and all the eye shadows are perfect for every skin tone. I just don't like the eye liner and bronzer highlighter thingy.

Will I repurchase? 

I don't think I will repurchase because I still have this palette and I have other palettes to use as well. 

Who Do I recommend this? 

If you are a beginner and would like a good neutral palette this would be great. It also has instructions which saves the hassle of knowing what color you have to use. 

Have you tried this palette? What do you think about it? Drop your comments below I would love to know your thoughts on it :) 

Now I have to go back to work in a while. Le sigh with my work load..but that's okay since most of my students are good. 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo