FINALLY ANSWERING! Why I am not in a relationship

Its no joke that I am 27 years old and I am now getting pressured by my relatives to be in a relationship. 

And this is probably one of the blog posts that I am dying to share to my relatives both here in Manila and abroad to finally answer the coveted question: Alice, Why are you not in a relationship?

I get asked this question so many times I may answer while still writing an article and watching a Korean drama! 

So to my relatives and everyone who is interested please read this article to know the 3 reasons why I am not in a relationship...at the moment. 

1. I prefer career advancement than a relationship status. 

Being a 27 year old single woman, I have tons of time in my hands to be my own boss. I am currently focused on being a blogger and youtube content creator because I love what I am doing. It might not pay as much as when I was working in an office but it makes me happy and I want to be happier with my job right now. 

And seriously I would prefer spending a whole day in the comfort of my room filming, editing and also writing stuff for my blog and youtube channel because my brain is constantly coming up with ideas that I get so pumped doing all those in a day. 

2. I want to love myself more at the moment. 

Most of my family didn't knew this but I was in a relationship 7 years ago. It was only a three month relationship which ended with me breaking up with the guy because he basically used me to get something. It got me burnt out with the fact that I might never be enough for anyone. 

And after that happened, I went into a downward spiral of mishaps in my life which I will never regret because I became a better person after doing those. If you are thinking I became an alcoholic or I tried drugs -NO! I just went through a series of incidents which tested me as a woman. Thankfully I survived. 

I decided that if I want to be loved unconditionally, I should love myself first. I actually love myself a lot more now than I had 7 years ago. It is a long process that actually required me to know myself more than I thought I knew. But I can say that I still need more time to love myself before I give that kind of love to another person. 

3. I want to have fun with myself before I find THE ONE.

If ever I meet the one now or later, I want to have fun first. I want to experience all the things I only see in pictures and articles. I want to meet new people first to know more about myself before showing myself to that man that will make me the happiest girl in the world. 

It might be going on a random road trip with my friends, or just looking up to watch the stars or maybe go party and be wild, I just want to have fun first with myself to have all these memories my friends will tell him as a way to embarrass me. But I am bat shit crazy anyway so what's new? haha! 

So to my relatives who are so concerned towards my relationship status - please take a chill pill because I won't die alone, I promise. I just want to be my own person first before I share the rest of my life with someone else. And if I meet the ONE, I promise I'll host a party for all of you to meet him. 

But for now please let me kick some balls to be my own boss ok? 

I love you guys so much and thank you for being loving and super supportive of me! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Ellie Balangue said…
I feel this! I'm also 27 and will turn 28 this January. I actually travelling the 81 provinces of the Philippines before I reach 30 so when people asked me when I'll be getting a partner I always tell them when I finished off the provinces. haha! they just don't wanna shut up. But honestly, I can't let go yet of my single life, I enjoy this time more than when I am in a relationship. I've been single for almost 2years and its the most happiest time of my life because I own all of my time and I just can do whatever I want esp travelling solo has been my thing when 2016 enters so yeah no no first with this "in a relationship" status yet. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo