Product Review: Colour Collection Ultimate Wear Lipsticks


Happy Friday! 

Since it is still Chuseok, I would just like to greet you 추석 잘 보내세요! (Chuseok chahl bo-nay-say-yo) 

I usually have a big problem when I am wearing lipsticks - its either they are overly opaque or they are not that opaque which is hard because no matter how you lower your expectations there will always be a time that you would still expect the intensity of a lipstick solely based on the bullet. 

Admit it, You are.


Thankfully I was able to try Colour Collections lipstick line called the Intensity wear lipstick. Its main claim is its long lasting and also very pigmented yet it doesn't leave your lips dry. I was yet to be impressed because I have tons of lipsticks that have either failed me color-wise or have dried my lips to oblivion.

Here are some of the claim of the product:

  • Achieve rich, vivid, long-wearing color that glides on smoothly and doesn't face away easily.
  • Always hydrating and never drying, this high-cushion lipstick keeps lips moisturizes all day, minimizes the appearance of fine lines, and stops feathering to five lips the perfect plumped-up appearance.
  • Slim and handy, and with see-through window for easy identification.
 It is retailed at  about 350 PHP but when I bought it was for only 199 PHP for a 2.4g tube. It has 8 shades namely: Hot Summer, Heart Breaker, Naked Peach, Love Me, Boudor Pink, Kiss and Tell, Catwalk, and Plum Paradise.

Packaging wise, its slim and handy which is great to store on your kikay kit. I do love that is has a clear window that shows the shade of the lipstick.

If you ask me, I would prefer lipsticks that last long since I don't want to be bothered re-applying them during an event or at work. 


This is my bare lips. I didn't apply lipbalm on this picture so it looks a bit dry.. ugh.. moving on!

Lets move on to the colors that I used. I mainly picked 4 out of the 8 colors since I want to see the versatility of the product and also if it fits my skin color as well as my clients. 

Let's start with Love Me. 


Love Me is I think one of those MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade of lipstick. It has a pinkish nude color which is great to use for everyday. 
 

This shade actually compliments every skin tone that I've used with. I've used this on some clients that are high school students and I was amazed since with this lipstick, it made their looks more polished and presentable but not making them look mature.


Hot Summer is actually a different story if you ask me. Its a fire engine red shade that just screams LOOK AT ME NOW~ 


I've had instances that when I wore this shade, my friends would tell me I look fiercer that usual. This is definitely a show stopping lipstick you can use to amp up your look. I was a bit disappointment when I swatch it on my lips. It actually turned to a more pink-red lipstick, which was still good.



Kiss and Tell on the other hand is a warm pink shade that is somewhat of a bold color to me. I was instantly attracted to this shade since I think its a good starter color if you want to venture to bolder lip colors. 


It was a love at first swatch with this! I like that its bright and definitely girly but still wearable for everyday. The shade is just right to use if you want to stand out but not be the center of the attention just for your lips alone.


Plum Promise or Plum Paradise - I kind of forgot the real name because the writing at the bottom had faded out, is more of an intense dark rose shade.


This is definitely for those that prefer dark lip colors. I do like the shade but this would not be something I will reach to use for everyday.

All of the shades I've purchase have been equally used on several occasions and also tested out for a whole day so to see how long these would last. I wouldn't definitely say that they would last a whole day but they do last longer than my other lipsticks. The other thing I noticed is that even if the lip color has faded after 5 hours there is still a hint of the color left on the lips which was great. 

It is also moisturizing that even if I pucker my lips several times it doesn't dry out. I was extremely impressed since I have a tendency to pucker my lips a lot when thinking and also when I'm nervous. Scent wise it has a creamy sort of chocolate scent which is nice since its not overwhelming to the nose.

Things I like about the product:

- It is affordable.
- Good color pay off.
- Lasts long.
- Fit for every Pinay skin tone.
- Moisturizing.
- Great color variations.
- nice packaging
Things I don't like about the product:

- It is not available at malls.
- The bullet has the tendency to detach itself to the base.
- It is not kiss proof.

Verdict:

Over all I do love this product. Its not drying to the lips which is good and also the color pay off is nice. Not really a good thing that its not available at a physical store but that is a bit of a sacrifice.

Will I repurchase?

Of course. I've seen swatches of the other shades from other bloggers and I say that I am very impressed and I think I will try to buy more if given the chance to order again.

Who do I recommend this to?

I would recommend these lipsticks to those that would like to have a lipstick that is compact, has good color pay off and also don't want to reapply every now and then.

Have you tried this lipstick? And if you do have any questions don't hesitate to comment below k?


  Much Love and Happy Friday!

xx Alice

Comments

Micmic's Corner said…
I hope they get to be more accessible, like be available in malls, since I'm loving their products that I got from Sample Room. If ever they get to be available in malls, I will definitely buying more stuff. Thanks for this informative review. :)
Traveliztera said…
I love the Hot Summer shade! =D

-Steph
www.traveliztera.com
Mariza said…
Alice, I tried to read back but I don't think you included where to buy them? I would like to give these lippies a try :) Thankies!

Oh, I am building up a new bloggie hehe.
Alice said…
@Michelle Grace Magramo Hi Michelle! I hope so too! I'm actually FINALLY (hehe) going to try Sample room too to see it ^__^ thanks for dropping by! :)
Alice said…
@Traveliztera thanks! I like this too but it was a bit of a let down for me at first if you ask me I was aiming for fiery red..parang nagdudugo nalang yung peg LOL thanks for dropping by Stef! :)
Alice said…
@Mariza I bought this from my office mate, I'll just PM you nalang the number where you can call her :)
Mariza said…
Sure, that would be great! Can't wait to get my own. I haven't done any makeup shopping in a looooong time and I guess it's time na rin hehehe. Thanks for dropping by my new bloggie! :)
Aya said…
I looove Plum Promise. It's my current fave bold shade!

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo