Product Review: Ever Bilena Shades Lipstick




Hello ladies! I am back with a review! 

I am so floored because it has been a few weeks...maybe month that I have not posted a review so please forgive me but I will do more reviews soon so I hope you guys understand. 

For today's review I am so happy to do a review about a new lipstick! I have waaaayyy too many lipsticks already but being a lipstick I can never have enough right? And also sometimes I give away a lipstick that I have not used for quite a while because I don't want them to go to waste. 

Okay I am blabbering again.. Moving on.. 




These lipsticks were provided by the brand BUT this is not a biased review in any way. I do love and adore EB products that I have been using them ever since I started experimenting make up looks and also doing make up gigs on the side. 

I will be reviewing the Ever Bilena Shade Lipstick. I got six shades which ranges from reds to pinks. When I checked out one of their stalls and noticed that this lipstick line has more reds than pinks. There wasn't really a nude shade but that is fine since you can just get a nude lipstick from their other lines. Also these are quite cheap - one is about 95 php. They have twelve shades available so there is a lot to choose from. 

The finish of the product ranges from semi-matte to a little shimmery but it doesn't go overboard from there. If you noticed there is this white stuff in the middle of the tube that I think serves as its gloss or lip balm. This actually makes the lipstick easy to apply to the lips as it makes it glide easily. 

These are the shades that I got.
Upon seeing the package I was a bit...disappointed in a way. The shades are great but the packaging was a bit cheap looking. Its not the usual Ever Bilena packaging but it has the name on it. 



But compared to other lipsticks these has a sticker saying how long it will last once you open them - really nice! I do appreciate that you can see the color but the packaging was way too simple for my taste. If asked if I would pay more if this has better packaging - yes I would. 





Okay lets move on to the color range. As I've said these line tends to have more red hues and pinks. there isn't much corals or nudes. There were some shades that look red in the hue but tend to look a bit sheer in my lips. I will show you later on why. 

Here are some of the shades I have. 


Rosy Mirage is a nice cotton pink shade. For some reason when I applied this to my lips it was more of a frosty shade in the first swipe but as you apply more the color intensifies. In about 2 - 4 swipes there is more pigmentation on the lips. 





Next up if Pink temptress. 

This is a bright barbie pink shade. It kind of reminds me of Nikki Minaj in a way when I applied the first few layers, but over all this shade is great for daytime. 




Next off is Red Vixen. This has a reddish orange color which is a really eye catching lip color. It makes the skin more bright when this color is applied. For me this is a femme fatale color - like those you see maybe the Black widow from the Avengers wear... or its just my imagination. 



Fierce Ruby. This one is something I would definitely wear on a night out. It is a bright red shade that has a hint of a pink or magenta into it, this is a great 'young adult' color if you ask me. 



Next one of Foxy Garnet. This one actually got my mom's interest because its a bright red shade in the tube but when applied it has a red-plum shade still subtle that its ok for her to use it. 



Rouge Brick is more of a color I would pick up when I need to look a bit vampy. It has a reddish hue with a brown tint into it. And the more you apply actually makes it darker. 


One other thing I noticed about the product is that it has that scent that reminds me of KISSES which is a such a 90's thing but it does! Longevity wise, it lasts well and even if the product has faded it leaves a bit of a tint to the lips which is great. You do have to exfoliate your lips since it might settle in the cracks if you have dry lips. 

Things I love about the product: 

1. Has a lot of variety of shades. 
2. Cheap
3. Locally available. 
4. Shades fit every skin tone. 
5. Glides on easily. 
6. Good longevity. 
7. Doesn't smell like plastic. 

Things I don't like about the product: 

1. Packaging is too simple. 
2. There wasn't a lot of coral and nude shades. 

Over all Verdict: 

Overall this is a great lipstick to have. It is quite cheap and also readily available. I adore the names of the shades which is very femme fatale and tantalizing. The packaging can be forgiven since its a drugstore brand but I do hope that they can improve the packaging in the long run. 

It is a must try if you ask me since you can play around with the shades. 

Have you tried this lipstick? What do you think about it? 

Make sure to leave your comments below. 

Much Love! 

xx Alice 

Comments

Unknown said…
The first two shades has bad color pay off :( it goes on patchy on your lips. But the red vixen did a good job.

I think we'll be better off buying their line of matte lipsticks. I've tried them and I liked some of them.
Czjai said…
Rosy Mirage would be my pick among the bunch. I see these lippies every time I do the groceries (there's an Ever Bilena counter inside the SM Supermarket), but never had the chance to check them out. :)
Alice said…
@Elle I know it looks really different on cam and I agree Red Vixen is really nice :)
Alice said…
@Czjai Reyes-Ocampo You should check them out! They are really nice :)
zabee said…
Got the rouge brick, well i can wear it day or night,work or just chillin somewhere :)

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo