Crash Course for First time Bridesmaids


This might be the first time I will say that in all the weddings I have attended this is the first time I became a bridesmaid. 

I'm a freakin' bridesmaid guys!!!

First and foremost I will say that it is deeply an honor to be part of this event. The bride is actually one of my closest friends that I consider my sister so when she told me that she wants me to be one of her bridesmaids I felt overjoyed. 

I did encounter some problems in the process because of financial constraints. The gown to be exact. But thankfully I was able to rent a gown for about 700 pesos that comes with free alterations in Marikina City. You can check the info about that on my vlog channel.


One of the things that I learned in this experience is that you need to be ready like a girl scout on the day of the wedding. Make sure to expect the unexpected. Which I didn't prepare myself for


The theme of the wedding is Royal Blue and Silver. So our gowns have to match the color as well. I had a long gown with a silver belt. Compared to the other bridesmaids I had the thickest silver belt because I had to cover up the ruching in the midsection. Also the back had some problems thankfully Tita Connie - Marica's Mom was able to help me do something about it. 

Seriously Marica tell your mom I love her! She just saved me BIG TIME! 

One of the things that I was also not surprised in doing is a dance with the bride, groom and some of the entourage. We danced in the song Trumpets - not my finest moment because 1. I am not a dancer by nature and 2. I have extreme stage fright when it comes to dancing which will require me to have some liquid courage which was not present in the occasion.

I am quite proud though in one part of the wedding which is me singing some sweet tunes for the Bride, Groom and the guests. I was a wedding singer in one part of my life so it was a walk down the memory aisle. That is one thing you can advise me to do without any struggle - Singing!

I almost forgot that moment that I almost got the bouquet. And honestly I don't want to get it so I really made it an effort that I don't get it. Not that I don't want to get married, but it will just put a lot of pressure from a lot of people that I need to get married because I am 27. Okay this topic is fit for another post so expect that really soon.

I also loved the souvenir because its a fan! I am a big sucker for these kind of things because its something that is very useful and would also remind you of that certain moment in your life. Unfortunately though someone took my fan which sucks because I don't know where I put it to even lose it in the first place! Yes I am that forgetful which sucks.



Overall, The wedding was such a success and I loved all of it. I have so much respect on people who do this kind of things and even to the couples who plan this special day because it is freakin' stressful! I have tried events planning before so I know the stress and the struggle is real but you can't show it.



I would just like to give a HUGE shout out to the newlyweds Mr. and Mrs. Jerome and Joan Canlas. I know you guys are perfect for each other. Jerome make sure to make my girl smile everyday and I know there would times that you and my friend won't be able to see eye to eye but remember that you guys are a team so compromise. To my Pren, I am so happy for you on your special day, and this is the start of a new chapter for you so if you need some back up just let me know. I am one PM away remember?

Sooo this post is too long and I need to get back in bed because I am still curing the first stages of the flu. I need to drink a lot more because I am feeling dehydrated so wish me luck.

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo