The Time I Almost Decided to Quit

This is a lengthy post so bear with me and I hope you learn something from this. 

I almost decided to quit blogging some time ago - why? 

Because I grew tired of the competition of being the first. 

I grew tired to being in constant fear that my work is not good enough. 

I grew tired of the constant thought of being irrelevant. 

These are just some of the things that blurred the real reason why I started to write. Until one day I just decided to screw everything and go back. 


This all started last year, when I started my bakery. I was immersed to the business more than writing, then came when my grandmother passed, I was down and didn't found a reason to even read. And then my uncle passed a few months ago. It was so unexpected that it also broke my spirit down. 

I felt so uninspired to write for some time. I felt lost and confused if what I should be doing. I love writing but I dreaded the thought of not being relevant. I actually love the thought of just blurting out every thought I have. 

So here I am - back at writing. 

To be honest, there are milions of reasons why I decided to stop but life really has its way to bring me back to where I started. 

And I decided to just let go of the pressures in the beauty blogging world. Honestly I have been so out of touch it doesn't bother me anymore. There is the occassional envy creeping in whenever I hear other bloggers getting invites to exclusive launches but who cares right? 

I started not caring some time ago. And just went back to trying out products that I bought. I actually have a few I'll be sharing soon so I hope you girls are ready. 

And if you are like me - lost and confused in the sea of beauty bloggers that get swarmed with products upon products to review- don't be. Let your own color shine and just roll with the punches. 

But if you are in this industry because of the free PR packages, trust me sweetheart that burn out will overpower you like a match that was lit on  a windy day. 

I remember a 'friend' of mine rubbing all her event invites in my face the other week, I won't name you so you can at least save your face from how boastful you are because quite frankly I don't like that attitude of yours. 

Getting invites is not everything about being a blogger in the beauty industry. And please spare me the agony of other girls in the industry that feel they are entitled because they are bloggers - stop. Just stop my dear. 

I am basically ranting at this part because I am just through with the constant struggle to stay on top. Its tiring to put up a front to people and they think its a nice thing to look on fleek when in reality you are dying inside. 

I do hope you guys learned something. And just have fun with writing. It really is fun if you think about it 


Much love 

Xx alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo