Photoescape Reviews: Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Invigorating Scrub For Men (AND YES I TRIED THIS)

Last Christmas my mom's friend gave this to me. I don't know if I should be insulted or annoyed.

(NOTE: THERE ARE NOT PICTURES IN THIS POST BECAUSE MY LAPTOP GOT REFORMATTED BY ACCIDENT. BUT WILL TRY TO FIND A WAY TO GET THE PICTURES UP AS SOON AS I CAN.)

Clearly you guys know that I am of the female species. So when she gave this to me I was like...yeah...thank you tita!

But inside I was fuming that hell had no chance in being hotter than my head. Because it clearly says this is for men - am I a man??

But since she gave this to me I might as well try it right?

Girl why?!

This is not available in Avon Philippines which to be honest THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS MEN!

I will start this review by saying this is purely from my experience in using this product and I still think Avon is a great company the produces amazing products so here goes.

So according to the website, this is an effective creamy scrub with Pore Firming Technology, lifts away pore-clogging dirt and excess oil without over drying. Formulated with Eucalyptus and Witch Hazel to cleanse and refresh.

Some of its benefits are:

  • Exfoliating face scrub that contains scrubbing grains that lift away pore-clogging dirt and excess oil. 
  • non-comedogenic
  • dermatologist tested


The Avon Clearskin Pore Penetrating Invigorating Scrub For men is designed for men which clearly I disregarded because this was given to me. I have actually used some scrubs in the past designed for men and they worked for my skin amazing in making my face less oily and also reducing my pores. This one wasn't really doing great things to my skin though.

This is a scrub cleanser so I use this every other day. I do like that it has a cooling sensation but after washing my face it actually made my skin feel like it was sprayed with dry ice. There was the tightening sensation afterwards then replaced again with the tightening of my skin. It felt uncomfortable that I had to run to my room to immediately apply my toner and moisturizer.

Immediately a few days of using this product I do see some good and bad things happening to my skin. Let's start with the good parts:


  1. I see that my skin is less oily after using this. 
  2. Noticeably my face seemed brighter due to getting the clogged dirt out of my face
  3. My face looked fresh throughout the day.
But with good things, there were bad things:
  1. Didn't really made my pores smaller. I can still see them when I look in the mirror.
  2. It felt uncomfortable by the end of the day. 
  3. I broke out immediately. 
I was a bit disappointed with this product but I know I had to lower my expectations a bit since this was specified for men. But there are some women, like myself that actually prefer using these kinds of products because our skin needed a little extra care in the exfoliating department. 

Overall, I do not like this product. I regret using this product because it just made me break out more. I like the cooling sensation but that was just about the only thing I liked about this product. The feeling after washing my face was just too much to handle for my skin that I would rather just stick to my all time favorite scrub even if that doesn't have the cooling sensation. 

Have you or your boyfriend tried this?

Share your thoughts on the comments section I would love to know your thoughts about this. 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo