The Big T word

I know what you are thinking - AND ITS NOT THAT WORD!

The big T word I am meaning to share for a long time is Therapy. I know its quite a sensitive topic to talk about and yes, I go on therapy.

Why tho? 

Well because I have a lot of issues I need to fix within myself and honestly I need a professional to help me. Talking to a friend is fine but it doesn't really solve all my unfinished issues and repressed emotions because it takes someone that is well grasped in psychology to be able to tell me what's wrong and what I need to do.

Its so twisted whenever I tell people that I go on a session almost every week because its like I'm insane - which I am not, I just need to discuss my issues and find clarity in the situations I get myself into.

Is it expensive?

YES. Its quite expensive, especially here in the Philippines because there are not a lot of mental health care providers that are readily available unlike in the United States where mental health is quite important just like our physical issues.

How many times do you go?

I go on a weekly session for about an hour just to talk and ask what can I do to get better because all the repressed trauma I got made me quite confused so my therapist does help me out in sorting things in my life.

I actually have been attending sessions since I was 14 but I stopped when I was 24 until I turned 27 because of financial problems and also I was working a lot. I also got ashamed to tell people about it for some time because its really not a topic people are comfortable talking about.

And I know what you are thinking - Why am I so open to talk about it now? 

Well because I think I don't have to be ashamed of my scars now. I still have a long way to go but I think its making me better day by day. And mental health shouldn't be something we hide because each person has their own struggles and the least we could do is acknowledge that within us and show it to the world to let others know that they are not alone.

There are times that I do not feel okay - and it sucks because most of you guys know me as being fun and outgoing with a little bit of weirdness but there would be days that no matter how many good things happen, my brain just repels them and say the negative side of everything.

I am still working on that and to be honest I feel it working because I am learning to look for the good in everything again.

If you are going through something, talk to someone and if you can talk to a professional about it. We all have our own scars and we don't have to hide it forever.

Much Love
xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo