A Poignant Relationship Emerge From Dancing Lessons




Last Thursday night my feet took me to Circuit City Makati - well to be honest, it was mainly for a press preview of a play named Dancing Lessons. You guys know I am not that good in intros so forgive me.

Synopsis.

Dancing Lessons centers on Ever Montgomery, a science professor and Senga Quinn, a Broadway dancer. At top of her career, Senga is holed up in her apartment with a serious injury that threatens her career and identity. When neighbor Ever, a professor at New York Institute of Technology, with a condition that is fearful of touch, asks for a dancing lesson so he can deal with social intimacy (Handshaking, hugs, dancing) at an upcoming awards banquet that he was tasked to host. Through the lessons, a relationship slowly develops that has both individuals stepping out of their comfort zone. 

Randy Villarama stars as Ever Montgomery while Jill Pena as Senga Quinn. Both actors did such an amazing job in portraying their roles. Their acting is very natural with high regards to Randy as he acted so believable.

One of the things this play tackles on is the autism spectrum which is a taboo subject in our culture - in any culture if you ask me. But in this play they gave autism a different face and personality. It shows a more tangible aspect of how people who have autism can still be a great part of our workforce and establish relationships like no other.


To be honest, this play pushed my memory back to the time I worked with someone who has autism. I know he might be reading this or his mother might read this so yeah HI HELLO HOW ARE YOU haha. I won't go into too much detail of the play since it will have its second run this coming weekend at the MAC Spotlight Theater at 8PM so if you guys are interested make sure to catch it there!

Much Love!

Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo