Dolorosa | Tanghalang Ateneo Season Opener

*pictures will be uploaded soon*

I know its been a while that I have written something here so I hope you guys might like this.

But before I begin using my flowery tongue in its full glory I have a question for you: What Virtue is there in suffering?

That is the question I have with the play Dolorosa. As being the season opener of Tanghalang Ateneo this 2019 it does bring out a sense of curiosity in us - especially those that know the Mater Dolorosa.

Set in three time periods in this 3 act play, it will make you see a whole new light not just about your faith but also on the dynamics of family relations in this play. If you don't really have a grasp on how some plays work and not read the playbill - well I have nothing to say to you (I'M KIDDING)

As a Three act play of a narrative of inter-generational faith and the feminine set in Paete, Laguna, Dolorosa follows Mater Dolorosa statue and the women who inherit it through three generations.

The whole set up of the play is like a whole new experience not just with your eyes but also with your understanding. Its truly lovely because of how much I can relate to the family dynamics of the characters in the play. It is quite similar to how me and my brothers are to be honest.

I am like the youngest in a way because of how much I also look up to my mother and father without knowing a whole lot of who they are compared to my siblings.

The play is more of a dive into how things can simply be based on what you believe in, not just what people tell you to.

If you would like to know more and see this play you can check out Tanghalang Ateneo's official social media pages for more information.

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo