Addressing Anxiety and Techniques to Reduce Anxiety


 With our current situation, A lot of people are now experiencing anxiety more and more. To be honest, I have been feeling anxious more than ever with the amount of bills and dues that I have put myself into but of course life has to still go on and we need to find a way to lessen our anxiety about these trying times so here are some of the things I have done that worked. 

WHAT IS ANXIETY?

according to www.nhs.uk  Anxiety is a feeling of unease, such as worry or fear, that can be mild or severe. 

Honestly Anxiety manifests differently to everyone. I have been diagnosed with mild anxiety as well which can be manageable with some techniques to give yourself a better well being to lessen anxiety. Usually with moderate to severe cases of anxiety requires a lot more therapy and also medication. 

How to your if you have one is quite easy - if you feel uneasy and its making you short of breath that's anxiety my friend. Overthinking of situations can also cause anxiety. 

These are the things you can do to lessen anxiety:

1. Being Active. 

It doesn't necessarily saying that you exercise. Being active is just moving around the house. It has become a habit now that I walk back and forth from our front gate to the front door which is about 2;30 minutes long if I take my time walking in a semi lit pathway. Staying active does produce endorphins which are a chemical in our system that makes us feel better. The more that you move actually helps you more. 

2. SLEEP! 

I cannot tell you enough how much a full 8 hour sleep has done to me. I remember the first few days of the quarantined didn't felt okay for me to sleep as early as 9PM because I was not used to it. My body clock did go beserk a few times on me and not having 8 hours of sleep really does affect your body. I remember the first night I stayed up till 3 AM I felt jittery for some reason. I am not a medical professional but knowing from experience, sleeping can do you good. 

3. Ditch the alcohol and caffeine. 

Having a glass of wine once in a while is fine or having an espresso is okay but consuming these beverages will not really do good for you. Alcohol is known to be a sedative or a downer so consuming these might make you feel numb and forget your problems - but lets be real, alcohol won't be a good escape. This goes as well with coffee, which is known to spike your alertness which can also make you nervous so ditching that fifth cup of coffee is actually a great idea. 

4. Make time for yourself. 

Its weird to say this but most of the time people who are anxious are the ones that have so much things going on in their lives. If you always just think of the things you need to do and not set a time just for yourself will heighten your stress and anxiety. Secure a time for yourself to just relax and do absolutely nothing or a hobby. Most of my friends have actually started meditating as well. Its your choice what you would like to do with that time. It can be as short as 5 minutes or as long as an hour - this is YOUR time, YOU DESERVE IT. 

5. Breathe. 

One of the first things I learned when handling a stressful situation or dilemma is to sit down and watch your breathing. Sometimes when we are overwhelmed, we tend to have short breaths so its best to be mindful of your breathing if you think you are having an anxiety attack. Breathe and ground yourself. 

Soooo those are the things I have learned to reduce stress and addressing anxiety. We all have it and some might not show signs of it but a lot are. If you practice these tips, it will help you feel more relaxed and at ease for sure. If you are feeling anxious and don't know who to talk to feel free to DM me on instagram @alicemate and I will listen to you. 

Much Love 

xx Alice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo