Happy Birthday Nikko!


Meet Nikko - my first born.

 We also call him Nik-Nik, Nikkolite, Nikoekoeko, Nikkoya and other names we make up haha!

Yes you heard that! Nikko is my first born child and today is his birthday! He is now 4 years old and I would just like to share why I love this dog so much. 

I have always loved dogs, but I have usually gotten big dogs since my mama prefers them to be protectors of our house. But one day my brother messaged me about a yorkie and if our mom would like to have one. Of couse she was against having Nikko because she doesn't need a small dog who won't protect her. But I sure do so I said yes and we got him the following Saturday. 

The first time I saw Nikko I immediately felt that connection with him. He clung to my arms when I lifted him up from the crate he was put in by his previous owner and I cradled him and said hello my child. I may have looked weird then for sure. 


I never really expected to love small breed dogs, but this weirdo is different - he's my weirdo. He is moody, independent but still loves cuddles and likes to go out. He is very protective of me compared to my other dogs because he will go at you thinking he is a pitbull ready to chomp on you. I swear the amount of times I have to discipline him from charging at people and other dogs makes me look crazy outside. 

One specific trait I love about Nikko is how he likes to wake me up in the morning. He likes to kiss me endlessly and lay above my head and whine for me to wake up. And if I put him down on the floor, he will be up in my bed again less than a minute. He is also very smart and knows when to be a smart ass around me. There had been times where he would argue with me if he needs something. He has this weird way of showing his emotions. 


I think dogs are very in tune with their master's emotions too. I remembered one time when I had my episode that he just laid beside me while I cried in bed. He just stayed there and comforted me. Honestly he is one of the best things that happened in my life. I never thought a Yorkie can bring so much joy and love in one little package. 

He is weird and has his quirks but the way he looks at me is definitely pure love which all dogs have for their pack leader. I will always love you my child remember that. I know he won't be able to read this because duh he is a dog, but in my eyes this little bundle of weirdness is my pride and joy - no matter how noisy he is sometimes at 3AM I love him as how much he loves me. 

Happy Birthday Nikko! more birthdays to come ok? 

Much Love 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo