Run Free My Sweet Rocky


Honestly the last time I felt this much pain from a loss was a decade ago- and last Monday it came back. 

I wasn't able to introduce Rocky on my blog formally because..well..I did that on my youtube channel. I should've done that honestly because Rocky has made a huge impact on my life that I wasn't able to share to anyone. 

About seven months back, my brother gave us this pitbull puppy and his name is Rocky. I was gonna name him Tiny just for laughs but my brother insisted that we don't change his name. Rocky did suit this little boy. He was 4 months back then. If you guys know, I have Nikko which is my first born and now I have this pitbull puppy. 

LET.ME.TELL.YOU! 

These two fought to be the one that would lay down beside me every time but I had to separate them because as Rocky grew bigger, Nikko because more agitated with him. Nikko has some issues with big dogs for some reason and I think that is fit for another post. 

So as Rocky grow bigger, his personality showed more. He is very friendly with cats, but the cats don't like him which is sad. He is sweet and a bit annoying because he would bark a lot if he knows I'm not paying attention to him or if my attention was on Nikko. He loved to play catch and does a lot of zoomies. His zoomies were the cutest I tell you. 


He was the kind of dog that even if you squish his face, he will just take it and don't retaliate. 

But last week was the hardest for me because I didn't know he was in pain and suffering and I was not able to save him. 

Rocky died from Canine Parvo virus or Parvo. He was only 11 months old. This is the first time I experienced losing a dog from a virus since most of our dogs would die of old age or complications to diseases from their breed. It was really hard because he was only lent to us for seven months. But those months were very long for me as if it were years. 

Losing a dog that you loved and cherished is hard because you loved them as if they were part of your family. I remembered the last time I grieved such a loss was when I lost Georgia and George. Georgia was Papa's Chocolate Labrador Retriever while George was my Sharpei Boxer mix. 

All the dogs that I lost were very much like a brother or sister but Rocky is what I consider my child. Me and mama would have arguments about Rocky when he was growing bigger because we don't live in a big house which is a struggle because he has tons of energy and is starting to destroy a lot of things including our sofa. But best believe that my mom loved Rocky too because she always gave him bread in the morning before she does her chores or leaves to buy supplies. 

I will not go into details of what happened and I want this post as a way to remember my sweet lovable pittie. I have always dreamt of having one because the amount of videos and articles I see about Pitbull just make me want to dream to have one. I know that Pitbulls have a bit of reputation but honestly those misconceptions or assumptions are a bunch of lies. 

Pitbulls are very loving and just like other dogs, they love to please their owners. Rocky sure has a way to please me because he always try to be near me as much as possible. He is quite easy to train although there are times that because he is over stimulated, makes him hyper more. 

The way they show affection differs from one pittie to the other. Rocky likes to lay down next to me and just take up as much space as possible. And when I try to get up he has this look as if he is saying where are you going? its so funny honestly. 

He is a bit of an aggressive player when it comes to tugging with his chew toy and when he wants to play he will bring his toy to you. I do have to wash his chew toy a lot because of his saliva and he likes it when I clean his toy. 

He LOVES to walk! Honestly if I can walk him the whole day I would just to tire him because he had a lot of energy to him. One thing I would miss on our walks is he always stays close and looks up to me when we walk. I remember people would stare at us when we go on our walks and sometimes they would even try to stay away. I would usually say that my dog is very friendly don't worry he doesn't bite. 

Rocky is very friendly but a bit jealous when I give my attention to other dogs. Maybe because he treats me as his mom as well that he just wants me all to himself. Its sweet but I always tell him that sharing is caring my love. 

Now that he is gone has left a huge gap in my heart. This is the hard part about losing someone that is very important to you, it leaves you empty inside. I know that he is now in a good place. 


There are no goodbyes my love, only see you later. Now run free in the Rainbow Bridge and play with Papa and with the other dogs and cats. They will surely love you as much as we loved you. 

Much Love 
xx Alice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo