RANT: Being a Beauty Blogger Doesn't Mean Instant Freebies

So much have been happening lately that I haven't updated you guys yet so as a comeback I just want to vent out for a change. 

Some of you may know that nowadays I have been attending events and getting free stuff from brands. But it didn't really started that way. I was just a simple blogger who really likes to write - that's it! 

I started getting curious with make up and just bought my own make up little by little and just wrote how I feel about them. But then I found out the world of bloggers and all the things that come with it. I would get invited to events, help organize some and even get sponsorship from brands that I love! 

At first it was all good but then I noticed that there would be random people emailing me asking how I get those free stuff or how I get invited to these exclusive events. It got to the point that I don't answer them anymore because I find them annoying - yes! these people are annoying on my email because they think being a blogger equals to getting free stuff. 

Ghad this is just making my blood boil. 

I don't want t offend anyone but to be honest, If you want to be a blogger in the Philippines just for the free stuff then just stop.right.now. I don't see the point in spending your own money for transportation just so you can get a bottle of lotion or a tube of lipstick. Economically speaking, you are just wasting your money girl. 

I've seen other 'newbie' beauty bloggers just attend events and don't even try to mingle - either they mingle with the 'higher ranks' or just fade away until the loot bags are given out. I feel bad for them at the same time because they started a great career with no long term goal - just a short one. There are some that I've met and got to know and they are one of the nicest people I've met, but there are some who were not worth the time to be spent on. 

I don't want to name anyone but just a word of advise - write from the heart, not because you need to get a freebie but because you LOVE to write!

I hope you guys understand because my brain is going to explode if I don't say this. I'll be updating more soon so I hope to talk to you guys real soon!

Much Love! 

xx Alice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo