Reminiscences - A Philippine Independence Tribute Concert


One of my fondest memories as a child was listening to my grandmother sing classic Filipino songs like the Kundiman or folk songs from her province as she was born in Carigara, Leyte. Reminiscing on these makes me feel older (Yes I know don't push it that I am THAT old) but it also makes me happy because I might be one of the few that enjoyed those before the digital era came.

And as June is coming up, there would definitely Independence day celebrations in every part of the metro and I would suggest checking out Ephesus Teatron Group Inc. REMINISCENCES - A celebration of 121 years of Philippine Independence Featuring TRIBU.


I had the chance to have a sneak peek of their performance earlier featuring some of their songs for the program. And hearing these songs reminded me of childhood memories with my grandmother.

Their repertoire is composed of unforgettable patriotic songs of freedom, love and inspiration to commemorate our 121st Independence day. The event will be held on June 11 at 7PM and on June 12 at 3PM and 7PM at the Carlos P. Romulo auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati City.

TRIBU who will be performing is composed of a cast of world-class artists from the musical theater world featuring Sweet Samaniego Buchanan, Margarita Roco, Steven Hotchkiss, Terence Guillermo, Red Nuestro, Onyl Torres and Kim Dominik Sarmiento as their pianist.

The whole program consists of two acts: Act 1 which describes our country, The Philippines and all its beauty. A medley of folk songs such as Ugoy sa Duyan, Bahay Kubo and Pamulinawen which captures the beauty of folk songs in our country. Act 2 is more on the patriotic and revolutionary songs that we don't hear much often.

All the songs featured are musically arranged by Pipo Cifra and Sweet Buchanan which are both respected in the industry. And upon seeing their sneak peek I am quite excited to see the different styles and performances for every song.

If you are interested to see their performance you can purchase tickets via Ticketworld.

Hope to see you there!

Much Love!
xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo