2019 Maningning Miclat Poetry Awards Hails its Newest Batch of Literary Winners.


Last September 24, I was invited by my good friend to see the awarding of winners of this year's Maningning Miclat Poetry Awards at the Escaler Hall at Ateneo de Manila University.

I was quite surprised because its a small event but brimming with literary geniuses. I would admit that I felt like a fish out of the water in the experience because its the first time I was able to attend this kind of event a.k.a. shunga moment ni ate girl nyo.

There were only two winners for this year because unfortunately no one submitted a Mandarin poetry piece this year.


 I learned a lot about Maningning Miclat which is a young person that had a lot of talent not just in writing but also in painting in different mediums. Sadly she is not with us anymore but this didn't faltered her friends and family to establish the Maningning Miclat Art Foundation Inc. which aimed to encourage other young artists to continue their craft and celebrate their greatness.

One of the highlights is the poetry reading from Prof. Gemino Abad for the English Poetry Category and Prof. Michael Coroza for the Filipino Poetry Category.


Congratulations to all the winners! I hope that there will be more that will join this competition in the future to showcase how talented young Filipinos are in the literary world.

Much Love
- ALice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo