Product Review: Avon Ideal Oil Control Pressed Powder


Happy Friday lovely ladies! 

I haven't blogged for a while because I experienced some weird allergy that hindered me in shooting tutorials (bummer) Luckily all the nasties have subsided so its no problemo.

While I was having the nasties, I actually tried to stop using all skin care product and also make up but I can't because I need to look put up at work. So I settled in just using eye brow pencil, lipstick and powder. 


My current powder is Avon's Ideal Oil Control Pressed powder in Neutral. I actually got this as a freebie when I bought one of Avon's newest lipsticks to try out at the time.

Claim: 
Absorb oil and get rid of shine. A clean, shine free finish is never easy.

This silky smooth powder covers blemishes and skin imperfections, providing a transparent, and shine free finish.


To use:
  Pat Gently on face with sponge applicator and blend evenly. Concentrating on oil prone areas. Suitable for everyday and on the go touch ups

The Avon Ideal oil pressed powder is retailed at 250php or about 5USD. The prices can vary depending on the catalog. It comes in shades of Oriental (good for morena skin) Neutral (good for fair skin) and Almond (good for light morena skin).


Neutral actually suits me the most out of the three shades I saw at the catalogue and thankfully I was right! The packaging of the product is a simple black compact with Avon written on the top of the compact.

 Compared to the other compacts I have this is one of the simplest designs which represents the product since most of their target market are working girls which means that it needs to be elegant and classic - fit for a Pinay!


Within using the product, I noticed that the coverage is very sheer and light which is a good for me since I don't really prefer my compact to have too much coverage since I will use them to set my foundation. In terms of covering imperfections and blemishes, this can only cover up really small and minute imperfections, but major ones - not really, but nothing a concealer can fix right?

The product also has SPF 17 which is great because you don't have to apply too much SPF. The compact also has no scent whatsoever so it not going to bother you if you have a sensitive nose. 


The finish of the product is really smooth and flawless to the face. I usually use my C19 deluxe buffer brush with this and it does the job flawlessly.


Longevity is good. It usually lasts me throughout my shift with minimal touch ups. When outside, it usually takes this about 2 hours without primer. I perspire a lot faster than most people so it does slide off easier too. I do like that it lasts long in my face, I don't really have to worry sometimes at work since when the shines do show up they tend to look more of a dewy look than all greased up because of the powder. 

What I like about the product:

- Did not break me out. 
- Did keep the shine away. 
- Good touch up powder.
- Does not cake up my face. 
- reasonably priced and locally available. 
- Has good shade selection for different skin colors. 


What I don't like about it.
- none. 

Neutral:
- did not really covered all my blemishes. 

Verdict: 

I love this product! I simply love it because it doesn't take forever to use this and it doesn't cake up. The finish is just right for me and it doesn't have an icky scent. 

Will I repurchase?

I actually have some spare in my traincase but if I ran out, I would definitely repurchase more. 

Who do I recommend this to?

I would definitely recommend this to those ladies that need a product that you can use on the go. The packaging is fuss proof so even if you are in a hurry this can be your best friend to look good on the go. 

Wet & wild foundation/primer, Maybelline BB stick, and Avon Oil Control Pressed Powder
Have you tried this product? what shade are you in? 

Let me know on the comments section below! 

Make sure to call the nearest Avon lady to know more about these products. :)  


Much Love and Happy Friday! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo