365 days of happiness Day 2: Writing

I remember when I was younger the very first thing I wanted to learn was to write.

When I started to write, I loved every bit of it. Now that I am older, I just remembered that and it made me smile.

Writing makes me happy. Maybe that is why I started blogging. I loved writing anything I think of, all the ideas and thoughts I have.

It made me live to write things I love, things I cherish and those that I want to do.

I remembered writing all the things I want to do before I reach 30 on a page of a notebook. I don't remember everything that is in there because it was a long time ago, but writing them down made me remember something - writing is my passion.

I started blogging to take my mind off things in my life. Then it evolved in trying to make money out of it.

I would admit that I went on a downward spiral of being hooked in monetizing my writing to earn money, it was basically easy money. But then I woke up crying because writing materials I don't like made me lose my motivation in writing.

Then that was when I stopped writing. I hated the thought of it. I became scared seeing the screen of my computer and even holding a pen and paper.

It made me sick. 

I just realized the other day that the reason I became a blogger was to influence people with what is in my mind - not to what was fed to me to write.

It made me wake up to that reality that maybe if I don't earn from this, it would still be my profession, my passion and my life.

I will keep writing till my fingers hurt because even if they bring pain, the happiness it gives me will still be there.

Much Love
xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo