Kpop Friday: The Witch Part 1 Subversion


And I am finally back with my Kpop Friday loves!


I honestly have lost touch watching Korean movies but lately I have just rediscovered this movie because a friend sent me a clip from this movie and I love you so much for suggesting this to me! 


I am talking about The Witch Part 1: Subversion.


What is the whole movie?


The premise of the whole movie is about a girl who lived a normal life until one day she shows the world she has extraordinary skill and all of a sudden there are people after her. I won't spoil too much about it because honestly if I do others might kill me. You can actually watch the movie online. 


What I love about the movie


The movie is a slow burn but the climax to the ending is like a fast roller coaster ready to whip you senseless. The scenes kind of dragged in the beginning but I actually liked that because it puts you on edge because you would not really know what will happen next. 


I also love the cinematography of this movie. It is very dynamic and has depth that I am shookt beyond the last Korean movie I watched and honestly I would watch this movie over and over if I can but you know your ate girl is busy these days so I just watch this if I need to pump my brain before writing. 


What do I not like about the movie 


I do not like how flat the ending was but upon researching about it I kinda got the idea that it ended like that so you will surely have to watch out for part two which I believe will be shown next year. And yes I know I am quite late in knowing this movie but please understand that for some time I was busy with trying to be a normal being while maintaining a business and possibly just trying to be okay so don’t hate me! 


The other thing I do not like about this movie is there were some characters I believed that weren’t needed in it. I do love the main antagonist but having a whole squad but just focusing on the leader wasn’t really a great thing to have because it just dragged on because I was hoping there would be like a whole backstory for each character but in the end I didn’t get that and they just basically became a menial role in the film.


Overall, I do love this film. If you are the kind that loves action movies that are quite bloody and yes I am weird like that so get over it you need to check it out. 


I won’t go too in depth with it because my brain is slowly crashing since I have been drafting posts all day so I have to go. 


Thank you so much for reading and let me know what you think of this film and if you have other Korean movie suggestions please go to the comments section and lets have a conversation. 


Happy Friday! 


Much Love! 

Xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo