Product review: L'OREAL HiP jelly balm

I have been using the HIP jelly balm from L'oreal for at least 3 months now and this is my review about it.

I was at first doubtful about it because I don't usually use lip balms that already have a hint of color on them but this product proved me wrong. Even though the color is bright in the pot, but once you apply the balm in your lips it would just give you a little color that is fairly enough if your not that used in wearing make up. 

 

As to further researching the product, I found out that there are 6 variants of this product, those are:

1. Delectable
2. Luscious
3. Plush
4. Ripe
5. Savory
6. Succulent


This product also can serve as a lip color also if your on the go since it already has color. This really comes helpful for on the go girls that would like to work with versatile products. 

I have been hearing that the hip jelly balm is like the cheaper version of the one from MAC. A couple of days ago I dropped by a MAC counter and checked it out, and its actually true but I think the colors they have on MAC are more brighter while the ones from L'oreal are more subtle. 

In terms of packaging, the hip jelly balm packaging is really cute and chic. It's also durable because I have a niece and a nephew here who usually play with it and it doesn't break. I would say the hip jelly balm gets a thumbs up from me for its simple and subtle color which can be used by any girl on the go.

Unfortunately I think this product is not available in L'oreal counters here in the Philippines. I've seen some online sellers with these but it costs around $5 to $8 (around 214.38 PHP) + shipping cost.


hope you like my review and have fun discovering the world of make up! 

much love! 

-- Alice 

This is a repost of an article I wrote on my luuux.com account. This post has more information than the one from Luuux.com ^_^

Comments

Jendee said…
Nice review! hope it will sell here in the manila soon n___n
Alice said…
I hope so...I'm already running out of my jelly balm and I want to try their other variants ^_^
Catmare said…
been wanting to try these! thanks for the review!
Alice said…
no problem, it was the least I could do, if you have any products you want me to do a review don't hesitate to tell me ^_^ thank you for reading my blog! ^_^
I am a lip balm addict. I cant go without a touch of lip balm on my lips. I love using chaptsick lip balm brand coz it's infuse of spf that protects my lips under the sun. Is it L'oreal jelly balm infuses also an spf? Just wanna know coz i want to try it.Thanks
Alice said…
@ aileen -- Unfortunately the Hip jelly balm has no SPF. I also like using chapstick lip balm ^_^ thanks for reading my blog ^_^

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo