Movie Night: Country Strong + Akunin



A couple of weeks ago I was able to watch these movies because I was pretty bored with my Sunday night. 

One of the things that I do to lessen the boredom is write or watch somethings. I was clearly not in the mood to write that Sunday night since tomorrow I will have to go to work and resume with my day job. Not that I'm complaining :D 

I was able to see two films that really gave me a glimpse of the life of a star and also a villain. These films are not your typical movies so expect to do a little research after watching these films :) 


The first movie that I saw was country strong which stars Tim McGraw, Gwyneth Paltrow, Leighton Meester and Garret Hedlund. This actually is about the life of a star that is having a hard time with her addiction and the pressure she feels.

This film not only talks about the star's life but also the people that surround her and what their actions affect each other.

I find this film very catchy since not a lot of us know how a star feels when they are under a lot of pressure. We can also relate to this because we can also feel pressured sometimes with our work or our lives. The ending was little more than I expected but it was a well made film.

The next film I saw is a Japanese film named Akunin or The Villain in English. I was initially interested with this film because of the male lead character. I know he looks cute. Too bad he is in his 30's but STILL he is cute haha!

The story of this film revolves around the man, Shimizu that turned bad because of an incident that happened in his life. The story has a lot of unexplored plot lines that I think will make you think more why a person turns bad. I actually felt bad for Shimizu since he became bad because he was provoked.

I generally liked these films because they had made a mark on my system to think out of the box or to step into someone's shoes to know how they feel.

That's it for today's post!

please do drop by my blog sale here

Much love!

-- Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo