Diet Diaries: Good Salad to Bad Salad

credits to lifesambrosia.com

Hello ladies! So sorry I haven't blogged regularly but I hope you girls understand. Work has been really hectic lately. But hopefully after this coming week work won't be that much hectic anymore.. 

Have you ever thought about if your salad is good for you or its bad for you? because I have some of my friends tell me that all salads are good for you... WRONG!



I can say that all salads can be good for you. The only thing that makes your salad a good one to a bad one is the dressing. I know dressing makes the salad more delectable, but come on! you are eating at least double the calories of your salad if you slather that dressing on the salad.



One thing you have to remember is that Mayonnaise maybe yummy but it has a lot of calories because its made with oil and eggs. I was in total shock before since most salad dressings I know have mayonnaise as the base of the dressing.

If you want to lose weight stay away from mayonnaise dressings. I suggest vinaigrette instead. A vinaigrette is vinegar, oil and additional seasoning to make your salad delicious but without the added fats.

But before we go to details on how to make your own vinaigrette lets talk about first what can be into your salad.



A common salad contain lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, spring onions, red onions, carrots, celery, and radishes. But if you don't want too much on your salad you can just go for Lettuce, Cucumber and Tomatoes. These three ingredients are quite common so you won't have a hard time with these.

As per serving, you can only have at least 2 tablespoon per serving of your dressing. You don't have to slather all of those into your salad to make it delicious since the vegetable themselves have their own flavor.



 If you are a bit lazy you can buy ready made ones at the store but I would really suggest you try to make one on your own. Here are some stuff that you need:

Vinegar - You can choose from red wine, white wine, balsamic, sherry, cider, rice, raspberry and tarragon.

Oil- Extra virgin olive oil, vegetable, canola or sunflower oil can be your options for this.

Additional seasonings can be salt and pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, celery seeds, chili powder.

Other optional flavor you can add are honey, citrus juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire, mustard, onion or garlic, tomato, and greek yogurt.

The ratio in making your own is 1 parts vinegar to 3 parts of the oil. You can add on the seasoning and flavoring sparingly since it will vary with your taste.

I hope this post helped you a lot in knowing more about salad choices.

What is your favorite salad?

Tell me on the comment box below!

Happy Thursday! Weekend is just one sleep away!

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo