Personal Post: The Day I Broke up with My Boyfriend


Just when you thought that everything is going well, that is when life splashes you with water to wake you up from the reality that not life is not a fairy tale.

That happened the day I woke up that my then-boyfriend has a girlfriend and I'm the number 2.

I was so dumb for believing all his lies - Maybe that is what love does to you. It makes you forget the reality that some men will try to find a way to get out of a situation that would make them sink into a pool of death from not one but two women.

It happened about December 15 2009. It was weird because I was at work at that day. The thought of breaking if off has been in my head that past week. It was nerve wracking but then while I was taking a call it suddenly struck me - I need to break it off FAST.

So I asked our command center put me on a short break and thankfully they did and I went to the bathroom and called him and just said "I want out - lets break up"

It caught him off guard. He asked me why and I said I know everything already. I don't want to be in it and just hanged up. He did texted me and tried to call me several times, but I didn't answer any of his messages nor calls.

Being the number 2 with or without knowing it makes a woman feel unimportant. Like she is just an option or a spare to the man's disposal. I don't want to be someone that is a spare or option, I want to be the only one he sees and the last thing he thinks about when he goes to sleep.

After the break up I immersed myself to be busy. It was weird because I think my co-workers knew that I went through a break up because they told me my whole face was bright red when I went back to my station.

 A few days passed by seemed like a blur. 

It was like I was a robot that just worked. worked. worked. I actually didn't smile as well. It was like I was a different person after the break up.

It was really painful for the next few years - and yes it took me years to move on!

My ex did try to get back with me - up until last October actually. But if you know me, when it comes to relationships - When its over IT.IS.OVER.

I don't want to make the same mistake I had before by getting back with him. No matter how hard he tried I know he was just doing it for the sake of getting me back. Even if he was sincere I won't get back with him.

As of this writing, I am on my sixth anniversary of being single. And so far so good I am trying my luck in meeting new people in my life. I haven't been in a relationship with anyone since the break up and I believe that's okay. I actually love this time of my life and I am not in a hurry to be in a relationship anytime soon, although most of my friends are in relationships now which makes me feel singled out yet again haha!

And to those that are like me, don't feel bad that you have been single for a long time - there will surely be someone for you, he might not be here now but he'll be here soon for sure. 

Much Love 
xx Alice
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo