Product Review: Avon Super Shock Mascara


Hello ladies! Its a rainy Tuesday, I do hope you have your umbrella with you to keep you out of the rain. 
But that won't stop me from anything that's for sure! On today's post is all about my latest mascara which is the Avon Super Shock Mascara. 


You probably know that I am a sucker for sales and even as much as I keep myself away from them I tend to draw closer to them and I tend to purchase at least one or two items. And this is one of those items I get from sales.

Avon usually put their mascaras on sale so the prices actually vary depending on what month you buy this. I remember I got this for 199 PHP a month of so ago.

Claim: (from the website)

Up to 12x the lash volume without a primer!
Features a super-fast building formula with
unique micro fibers that expand & plump
lashes. Provides a thickening base coat and
volumizing mascara in one easy step!

I have lashes that are barely there and they are usually pointed downwards so imagine how much I have to do to get them noticeable.


At first I was not really sure if this could work for me since the last time I used an Avon mascara it was a disaster. But this mascara is a bit of a good thing to buy since it gave the results I wanted to see. I really like using mascaras that makes my lashes pop that I don't really need falsies anymore. And I could say I am impressed with this product.


I wasn't really feeling the wand of this mascara since its too big that I actually poked my eye several times using this product. I wasn't also feeling the smell of this mascara. I think all mascaras have that icky scent but this one is by far has the most overwhelming scent. If you don't like strong mascara scents you might want to look for another mascara. 

Pros and Cons in 3..2..1..

Go! :D

Pros:
- Product did live up to its claim.
- Gave my lashes great volume.
- Waterproof
- Curl lasted a long time.
- Didn't clump my lashes.
- Locally available.

Cons:
- Mascara wand is too big.
- Has a very annoying scent, but it fades easily so don't worry.

Verdict? 

Its a good buy and a must try if you have thin lashes.

Will I repurchase again?

Maybe, but I think I will  go through the other mascaras first to know which one really fits me and my lashes.

Who do I recommend this to?

To girls who have short or thin lashes. This really makes the eye pop, so its a must try if you want your eyes to stand out.

 

Sorry I don't have pictures up of the before and after. I will have them posted later since I wasn't able to bring my make up today at work.

Have you tried this mascara? What do you think about it?

Let me know on the comments box below and I'll talk to you soon! 

Much Love!

Comments

Arrienne said…
Hi Alice! I've tried this! You are right! This is definitely a great find! Thanks for sharing~
Chrissy said…
Hi Alice! I actually haven't really tried a lot of Avon's products. I had a bad buying experience once so I told myself I would never do it again :(
Alice said…
@Chrissy I also had a bad experience with Avon but its with their skin care line.. but with their make up its a case to case basis :)

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo