My Updated skincare routine 2012

 Hello ladies! 

Its already Friday! yey! I am uber excited about my weekend that's for sure. 

On today's post would be about my skin care routine. I haven't done one in a while since I didn't change much of the products I use, but since I have been trying out new skin care items might as well feature them and let you know if they work for me or not. 

A lot of girls actually compliment me on my skin since its quite clear and smooth but its not perfect in any means. I remember Nikki of Askmewhats complimented me on my skin on her blog. It was such a big deal for me since I love reading her blog and she has great skin as well. 



I have combination skin which is acne prone at times. But when I was in high school I had moderately severe acne and I had very oily skin. I was very conscious of my skin before that I don't really socialize with new crowds and I tend to just keep myself busy with a book at hand. I know it really sounds weird because of what I am now, but trust me having acne problems can give you self esteem issues. 

Up until now I still get break outs from time to time but not the ones I had when I was younger. Most of my break outs are from my chin area which prompted me not to touch my chin more often. Most of my problem in my face are the acne scars and some oiliness. But I am quite content with my skin now since its doesn't give me too much problems. 


Now on to the products, If you noticed most of the products I use are drugstore products since I think all products are the same. The high end ones do give out more benefit than the drugstore products but since they are too expensive its much more beneficial to go with a cheaper alternative. 

Let's start with cleansers.


I have 4 cleansers that I use, but I don't use them all at the same time. There are some that I use only at night or when I have T.O.M or when I feel my skin needs more moisture.


The first one that I've used is the creamy latte greentea cleansing foam from Missha. This was given to me by my Korean boss when they went here a couple of months ago. I actually did a review about this product. I mostly use this when I need to cleanse my face after being stressed from work. I love this cleanser although I've noticed that the consistency and the scent has changed. The color also has changed, from a mint green shade to a whitish green one. I have stopped using this though since I think it has expired. I feel bad for it though since this costs more or less 500 php which is a lot of money if you ask me.


Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is the second one that I've used. This will also be a short review about this product. I got this during an event a couple of months back and I decided to try it out since a lot of my friends recommended it to me. Cetaphil is actually the most recommended cleanser of dermatologists since its really gentle on the skin and it doesn't dry the skin after washing. 

The thing I like about the Cetaphil cleanser is you can use it even without water! so I can definitely bring this along when I need to wash up but there is little water. I was a bit concerned that this doesn't foam up unlike my other cleansers but its not really a big factor. If you have sensitive skin, this is a great cleanser because it doesn't have harsh chemicals that can dry up the skin. 

I'm actually running low on this one so I think I will buy one as soon as I've finished my other cleansers.


Next up is the Physiogel's cleansing bar. 

I only got the sample size since I was only going to try it. The thing I noticed about this cleanser is it is as good as the Cetaphil cleanser although this one lathers much more than Cetaphil. The Physiogel cleansing bar is also great if you are on a hurry because even after you have washed your face you can actually skin moisturizer with this one. 


Lastly would be the Nivea Visage Sparkling White Acne Oil Control whitening cleansing foam. I know I shouldn't be using this since I already have fair skin but I am more into the oil control properties since I tend to oil up more when I have the T.O.M. 

This has a green floral scent which is nice since I usually use this in the morning as a boost up scent. I don't really have any complains with this product since it does its job well and I think this is my very first cleaner from Nivea which is known for their face cream that is great as well. 


Now let's move on to moisturizers and sunblock. I actually use one for night time, one for weekdays then one for weekends.


Let's start with my daily moisturizer from Cetaphil. I also got this as part of the loot bag and I have heard a lot that this moisturizer is a bit greasy on the face and can let your make up slide off, but I still gave it a try. I like that it did moisturize my face although its a bit greasy I think the trick is to apply at least half a pump to your face. 


I've been currently using my Diana Stalder Sunblock cream on weekends since I am out in the sun more during weekends. This actually did not say how much SPF this contains but nonetheless I like using this. I do have to reapply after a couple of hours to reactivate it on my skin. 

This cream is a bit heavy so use as little product as possible. It does give my skin a semi matte feel afterwards which is really cool since I don't want to be too oiled up when I am outside.


And now onto my night moisturizer, I use the Myra E one since it moisturizes my face without the greasy after feel. I actually use this during the day when I am too lazy to apply my Cetaphil moisturizer.



Lets move on to toner and exfoliate. My toner is actually from Eskinol which is pretty known here in Manila. I don't have a spefic favorite from their variant but currently I am using the cucumber variant. There is just something when I apply this to my skin that makes it feel so refreshed. 

My face scrub is from St. Ive's. Like the toner, I have used this product for a long time that I can say this is my holy grail when it comes to face scrubs.




Now onto my weekly pamper products. I usually use these one to three times a week depending if I need to de-stress from work. Both items are from Avon which are pretty cheap. As of this post I actually haven't used them since I usually just go to bed immediately after washing my face. I'm like that sometimes so I've neglected these babies :( 


Sorry for the very long post but I hope you girls understand and have learned some things in this post! :) 

If you have any questions about this or products you want to recommend to me you can go to the comment box and I will reply to them as soon as I can ^^, 

Have a safe weekend! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Aya said…
I love Myra's moisturizers (yung regular, not the tinted ones)! They're so affordable pa. And the St. Ives scrub too. I've repurchased it 3 times na yata, but now I decided to use a different scrube naman for a change.

Thanks for sharing your routine :) I had A LOT of pimples when I was in late elem to early HS, and that made me so insecure. Fortunately, my face cleared up a few years later. That's when I learned the importance of a good skin care routine :)
Unknown said…
I've always wanted to try Cetaphil... maybe soon.. currently testing another product on my face... pero I've always trusted Celeteque for my skin care :)

Anne
http://enchantingcolours.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
I am also updating my skin routine next month.. Thanks for giving me an idea to try.. New follower here!

Hope you can follow back :)

http://eyahnism.blogspot.com
Alice said…
@Eyah Ballada thanks for dropping by Eyah! :)
Unknown said…
You are a fat ugly bitch!
Alice said…
@Jean Lharra de Guzman Why thank you for pointing it out. I think beauty is perceived by ones self so I can just pray for your perception of beauty. Have a nice day :)
Unknown said…
Yay! Thanks for sharing. Care to share your updated skincare routine for 2014?

~Pauline @Kallony
Cris said…
I agree Myra E is good. I'm using yung Vita Light na Myra E. I use it as a moisturizer before putting any makeup or face powder. "Hiyang" ako sa MYra E. Yung sa scrub I use Herbal Himalayas Daily Gentle Exfoliating Face Scrub.Ako nmn I really had a clear skin pro lately after giving birth dun ako ng ka breakout... Until now. Kea nkkdepress eh....

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo