Movie Night: 3 Idiots



Pursue excellence, and success will follow, pants down.

If you have heard this line, you may have watched this film. A week ago I was treated to a movie by my God brother since he knows I love movies and I love foreign films. Not that I have problem with movies here, its just foreign films gives a breath of fresh air to me. 


I watched 3 idiots with a bit of a knowledge about it since I have seen some of its quotes. I'll be listing them below so you can be enlightened as well. The film was originally released back in 2009 but it never ceased to amaze me that the story is something you can relate to. 


3 idiots is a film about 3 Engineering students from the Imperial College of Engineering. Rancho (Aamir Khan) Farhan Qureshi (R. Madhavan), Raju Rastogi (Sharman Joshi). The story basically notes the lives of the three in which Farhan studies for the sake of his father while Raju is working to get a suitable work for his family to get them out of poverty, and for Rancho, he is just there to study. 

As a comedy film, you will see a lot of funny scenes that are funny because they are just naturally funny. I like Rancho's character the most since he is studying just for the fun of it. And he may look like an idiot but he has a genius of a brain which has an equal share of adventures and misadventures. 



And also Kareena Kapoor is also here, and she plays the love interest of Rancho, Pia. I love that even a pretty lady like her can make you laugh with her one liners. 

I won't give out spoilers about the film but here are some quotes from the film. 

Rancho: [Repeatedly said throughout the movie] Aal izz well

This is now the mantra of my life

Rancho: Pursue excellence, and success will follow, pants down.
 

Farhan Qureshi: [after finding out Rancho topped their exam] That day we learned, when your friend flunks, you feel bad, when he tops, you feel worse.


Machine Class Professor: Why are you back?
Rancho: Sir, I forgot to take something...
Machine Class Professor: What?
Rancho: Instruments that record, analyse, summarise, organise, debate and explain information; that are illustrated, non-illustrated, hardbound, paperback, jacketed, non-jacketed; with foreword, introduction, table of contents, index; that are indented for the enlightenment, understanding, enrichment, enhancement and education of the human brain through sensory route of vision - sometimes touch.
Machine Class Professor: [confused] What are you trying to say?
Rancho: Books sir! I forgot to take my books.
I laughed my a!@ with this one.

Chatur Ramalingam aka 'Silencer': Sir: Machines are any combination of bodies so connected that their relative motions are constrained, and by which means force and motion may be transmitted and modified, as a screw and its nut, or a lever arranged to turn about a fulcrum or a pulley about its pivot, et cetera; especially, a construction, more or less complex, consisting of a combination of moving parts or simple mechanical elements, as wheels, levers, cams et cetera.

...nuf' said NEXT!

Farhan Qureshi: Today my respect for that idiot shot up. Most of us went to college just for a degree. No degree meant no plum job, no pretty wife, no credit card, no social status. But none of this mattered to him, he was in college for the joy of learning, he never cared if he was first or last.
_________________________
 
Rancho: [after indirectly making Pia break up with her fiancee] Come on, help us. My friend's father is very ill!
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: Go away!
Rancho: Come on! You are almost a doctor! What is that oath you take... oh yes, Hippocratic oath - I will help a fellow patient, I remain a member of society with special obligations etc.
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Reluctantly allows him to get up on her scooter] Okay.
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Later when Rancho is speeding with the scooter, with the patient and Pia on the back, towards the hospital] You crashed my sister's wedding, you broke my engagement, for you my Dad keeps taking blood pressure tablets... and I am helping you? Hippocrates screwed us Doctors!
 __________________________
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Now that everyone knows, Rancho's real surname is not Chhanchhad] Thank God, after marriage my name wont be Pia Chhanchhad!
Raju Rastogi: So what is your actual name?
Rancho: Phunsukh Wangdu.
Farhan Qureshi: What?
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Thinking of her future name] Pia Wangdu?
Rancho: [to Raju & Farhan] Phunsukh Wangdu.
Farhan Qureshi: Phunsukh Wangdu? Silencer's Phunsukh Wangdu?
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: I don't want to be named Pia Wangdu!
Rancho: [to Raju & Farhan] Yes.
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: Can I keep my name after marriage?


Viru Sahastrabudhhe: [Angrily looks for Raju in the class] Raju Rastogi?
Raju Rastogi: [a drunk Raju stands up from the last bench of class... and shouts] Yes, sir!
Viru Sahastrabudhhe: How does an induction motor start?
Raju Rastogi: [Raju looks around smilingly and then shouts] Vrrrrommmmmm. Vrrrrrrrooom.


Rancho: [At Pia's sister's wedding] Hi.
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [a little surprised, as she doesn't know him] Hello.
Rancho: I have a free advice, would you try?
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Still smiling] What?
Rancho: [Takes her drink away] Let me hold this first, else you may later throw it on me. Leave this guy.
[Points at his fiancee]
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Now angry] What?
Suhas: [Meanwhile her Fiancee, speaking to somebody else a little far away] Look at this coat. Yes, its quite costly, 50K.
Rancho: Look at him. He is a moving price tag! He will always keep you reminding of price of every single object he bought. Your life will become a supermarket!
Pia V. Sahastrabudhhe: [Extremely angry] Excuse me. Who the hell are you? You don't know anything about him.
Rancho: Oh, you need a demonstration! Okay, watch me, he will tell his shoe's price in a second, without anybody even asking him!
[He pushed a waiter, who was carrying a green gooey chutney. The chutney fell on Suhas's shoe]
Suhas: [shouting] You idiot! What the hell! This shoe cost me 10K!

 

 
Better watch this film to know why this is a great hit.

Much Love!

-- Alice 

Comments

Krysta said…
My friend suggested me to watch this but I never get the time to do it... Now how to put this on schedule. :)
Kim said…
One of my favorite movies :)))

really worth 3 hours of my time
Alice said…
@Krysta Rivera Make sure to watch this film on a weekend its really a great film ^^,
Alice said…
@Kimberly Gill It sure is! Thanks for dropping by! ^^.

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo