Movie Night: Zombies and Cigarettes




Every night before I go to bed, I update my Facebook page and also my SNS if there are unanswered inquiries from my clients. I also watch some videos from youtube just to kill time. 

Last night, as I was browsing to the myriads of movie trailers on youtube, I was able to stumble upon this short movie was more funny than scary: Zombie and Cigarettes. 


As watching the trailer I thought it was a full length film but it was actually a short film. This is only 17 minutes long so you won't get bored with it. I usually get bored on some zombie films, don't you? One more thing: If you like bloody, heart pumping, zombie killing movie but don't want to be overly scared, you can definitely watch this. 

The film begins as the protagonist, Xavi, buys ice cream in the mall where he bumps into Carol, the girl he likes and attempts to establish some conversation with her. But upon doing that, he crashes into a delivery of perfume. While he tries to clean up the mess, a body hits the floor next to him and that is where the whole chaos ensues. 

The intro of the movie was quite long and bland in my taste which is usually where you need to put more emphasis since this will let the people get hooked on what will happen next. Oh may gad its like how KDrama does to me every.single.time. The cast was great but some of the characters' acting were a bit off, there was one character that was overly acting as the main hero in which it was him who dies in the middle of the film. Sige kuya feel mo pa ikaw ang main lead. tsk tsk.

I was quite confused with the title as well. I was talking inside my head how is Zombies and Cigarettes relate in the film although there are a lot of exposure of those in the movie but there wasn't any deeper meaning.  Also, by the middle of the movie it becomes obvious that perfume has an adverse effect on the zombies, which isn’t exactly logical or is adequately explored since of the time given to the movie. We are just told that it happens that zombies are repellant to perfumes.

Like WTF?!?!

Don't get me wrong Zombies and Cigarettes is a great movie jam packed into 17 minutes. There were a lot of loop holes and dead scenarios but it will not bore you to death I can tell you that. And also the ending is something you really need to watch out for. I don't want to be too anti climactic about it.

You can check this out on youtube or Netflix. Also try to get the one that has the English subtitle since this movie is originally in Spanish. Here's the trailer of the movie.


If you have watched the movie, let me know what you think of the ending okay? Comment below for your reactions :)

Much Love!

-- Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo