Photoescape Reviews: Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express Waterproof Mascara


Hello lovelies! 

I have a confession to make: I detest false eye lashes. I really do! 

One thing I don't like when I do make up tutorials is a need to apply false eye lashes or falsies. I know its kind of a requirement since it enhances the eyes a lot if you want it to be the focal point of your look, but I just find it really unnecessary. Call me lame but I just don't prefer applying it on myself. 

But luckily, I was able to find a product that makes your lashes look like your wearing lashes! its Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara.




Maybelline for me is a mid-range product, its a gives out great outcome but some girls might find it pricey since not all do not want to buy a product that can cost a leg and an arm for them. Priced at about 450 PHP or about $10 USD you can purchase this product at any maybelline counters at malls.

The product promises to make your lashes look like you have false eye lashes without the trouble of applying them. The product is also said to lengthen and give the lashes more volume. Another thing is it is waterproof which is perfect to the Philippine climate.

The packaging is a purple tube with metallic writing which is very eye catching.  


The product itself was quite liquidy at first but the longer I use it, I noticed that the product had thicken a bit. The wand was quite flimsy to be honest but the good part is that it hasn't poked my eye yet.

I usually poke my eye with my mascaras especially if I am in a hurry, but with this mascara even if I am in a hurry, I don't get poked with this which is really nice. 


Another thing I noticed is that even if I apply three coats it doesn't give out that spidery effect on the lashes. I know some girls that likes to pack on their lashes with mascara to the point that it becomes spidery which doesn't look good at all. 

If you can see on the picture above, there is a significant difference with my lashes. It does give out that effect of having false eye lashes because it gives the lashes more volume yet also gives it some length.


Another thing I noticed is the mascara holds the curl for quite some time. I remember using it for an entire day when I was out running errands and after that I hanged out with my friends and the curl is still there.

The only down side of this is its a b@#$% to remove. I have to go over it for about 3 times before all of it comes off.



Things I like about the product:

- Did what it is claimed for.
- Gave my lashes the volume and the 'falsies' effect
- locally available.
- Great packaging.
- Has no chemical scent.
 - The product lasted long.
- Held the curl for a while.

Things I don't like about the product:

- The price. Its quite pricey for a mascara - especially if you are on a budget.
- The wand was flimsy.
- Takes a long time to remove.

Verdict:

I love this mascara! despite the price, I think it is still a great product to try. I like that it gives out a falsies effect without applying false eye lashes. I know most beginners would love this.

Who do I recommend this to?

If you are a beginner and you don't want to apply false eye lashes a lot, this is a definite plus for you since it won't give you a hard time in looking good!

The only make up product I have in this photo is the mascara. what do you think? :)
Have you tried this mascara? What do you think about it? 

Let me know on the comments section below and I will talk to you girls next time. 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

donnarence said…
Maybelline has the best mascaras for the price!My fave is the stiletto one have you tried that? :)
Alice said…
@donnarence Hi Donnarence! I definitely agree with that! I've tried their other mascaras before and they didn't fail me and my lashes..I haven't tried the stiletto one but I will put that on my list soon :) thanks for dropping by~!

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo