Product Review: Avon Ideal Luminous Foundation


Foundations are one of those things that I really like to make a review on because its quite hard for me to find the shade good for my skin tone. 

I have pale skin which is not typical if you are a Filipina, its especially hard to make it look like I didn't have it on. I was actually intrigued at first when I saw this at the latest Avon brochure since its Avon't newest foundation. 

Basically the claim of this product is it will give you a good coverage without making you look like you have foundation on. Too good to be true eh?

This product is sold at 399php (Avon March 13-31 Issue) but regularly priced at 499php. This product is in a 30g plastic bottle with a squeeze top. This also has SPF 15 which is good to keep the sun from making you dark. You can also choose from its three shades of Nude, Pure beige and Shell. The finish of the foundation is a soft matte to dewy finish which is great if you like to have a soft look for your make up. I got the shade nude since shell is a bit too light for my skin.


If you noticed with the picture above I did a series photo of what the foundation look like on its own and when you apply your whole make up. I like that its light weight and its buildable. I did 2 layers to achieve the coverage that I want and I noticed that it didn't made my skin lighter than it is which is a sure winner. 

Because it has SPF there was a bit of a white cast but its okay with me.


One thing I noticed with this is that the product is easy to blend to my skin and also it doesn't dry fast unlike other liquid foundations in the market. You can use your clean fingers, a sponge or a foundation brush for this foundation which is a definite plus. Some of my friends say it has that BB cream feel to it because its lightweight but the coverage is a little less than a BB cream for sure.

Longevity of the foundation is good as well since I mostly stay at work this product lasted at least 5 hours within my shift, but I do have to blot out the shine a couple of times. I haven't tried this outside to see how long it will last but I think it will last less if you are outside.

Things I like: 

- locally available. 
- Cheap (if its on sale)
- good coverage. 2 layers is enough.
- great finish. 
- good longevity. it can last to 5 hours with some touch ups.
- did not break me out. 
- Its true to its claim.


Things I don't like:

- Does not come with a pump. 
- There are only 3 shades available. 

Neutral:

- Has slight white cast of pictures if you don't set this with powder. 

Verdict: 

I like this foundation. That is basically it, I'm not in love with it because of the white cast and not having a pump but the longevity and the coverage did give me a great deal.  And also its true to its claim since I have tried this and most people did not notice that I have it on. 

Will I repurchase again?

Maybe, I still have a lot of foundation in my collection, but I think I will purchase the other two shades for my clients. 

Who do I recommend this to? 

I would recommend this to girls that want to have good coverage foundation without it being obvious. It can be a lazy girl's foundation if you ask me but it works! 

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think about it? 



I would love to know what you think about it on the comments section below~! 

Much Love! And have a great Thursday ahead! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo