Product Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion


Hello ladies! Happy Tuesday! 

On today's post I will be making a review about a primer that I have been using for some time now and it is the Urban Decay Primer Potion! (sfx: woot woot!)

Make up primers are basically products that can make your make up last longer and also make the colors vibrant or make the face less oily. If you have oily skin, it is really best to invest in a good face and eye primer to let your make up last longer through the day with minimal touch ups. If you  

I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this product ever since I started watching tutorials on youtube. I admit that I was really really curious about this but can't seem to get my hands into one because there is no Urban Decay outlet here in the Philippines. You can purchase this online like on Digitaltrancase's online store. 

But due to having shortage of funds and also I don't have a lot of time browsing to get the best deal, I didn't get to buy this product. I was really fortunate to get this from the Book of Shadow's palette that I won from a giveaway a couple of months back. 

Claim: (taken from urbandecay.com)

This is it – THE most legendary primer in the beauty industry. Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! Once you experience its powers (plus how smoothly it glides on – an added bonus) you'll never want to live without it.

You can either get the easy squeeze tube or the one that comes with a wand. I would suggest go for the easy squeeze tube since you will really get the most out of this product and you wont have a hard time scraping off the product from the tube. 

From the claim, I was really curious if this product won't crease even if you live in a very humid environment i.e. The Philippines. I did try this out myself on several occasions and all I can say is it does stay on and would not budge. I've had several occasions that I slept with eye make up on (I know its bad :( ) and when I woke up in the morning I was really surprised that my eye make up is still on.

Tip:

When applying this to the lids, apply only half a pea size because a small amount is enough for your lid. 


Being a primer, one of its main job is to make your eye make up last longer and make the eyeshadow more vibrant. If you can see on the picture above, I applied three formulations of eye shadow: Matte, Semi matte, and shimmery eyeshadow in which the right part has the primer while the left part has no primer. It is visible that the colors pop out more if you have the primer on. 



Even with flash, the colors pop out more which is great if you will be taking pictures that has flash because the color vibrancy actually lessens if you have flash in pictures.

Here is an example on my lids.

Without Flash

With Flash
You can still see the vibrancy of the eye shadow with or without flash in these pictures which also saves you the pain of applying at least 3 layers of eyeshadow to your lids to make it vibrant and make the color pop out.

Things I love about the product: 

  • Lived to its claim.
  • Really easy to use.
  • Not sticky to the lids.
  • Made eye make up last the whole day. up until the next day if you forgot to remove your make up.

Things I don't like about the product: 

  • It is not locally available. The only way you can purchase this is thru online shops. 

Verdict?

Definitely a must have now on my make up train case. I really really love this product that I always use this when I do my make up or when I do my client or my friend's make up. It really does last a long time and creasing is lessened or there is no creasing at all.

Will I repurchase this product? 

I don't think I will be repurchasing now since I still have a ton of product on the tube and also I will be trying out other eye primers in the future to check if there is a much better product that is locally available.

Who do I recommend this product to? 

I would recommend this product to make up enthusiasts that would like their eye make up to last longer.

This product is also available in other variants such as Eden, Greed and Sin. You can check www.urbandecay.com for more info and also to check out their other products.

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

One of the best eye makeup primers everrrrrrr!!! <3

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo