Product Review: Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid eye liner


Eye liner is one of the things that can really make your look change tremendously. It is also a must have if you like to sport kpop inspired looks in which eye liner is really a must have. 

Ever since I got the Urban Decay Book of Shadows palette, I have started using its included eyeliner which is the Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid eyeliner in Perversion.




Claim: (from www.urbandecay.com)

Draw liquid lines so sharp they could cut glass.Our slender brush lays down long-lasting matte, slick and shimmery shades sure to satisfy your color lust.


Achieve clean, sharp WATERPROOF lines with shocking ease. The newest addition to our 24/7 franchise is available in a veritable rainbow of long-lasting, highly-pigmented, WATERPROOF color options – shades ranging from matte to glossy to shimmery! (And why would you only buy one? Try them all!) Use the ultra-fine brush tip to create lines that are razor-thin or thick, even and bold. The brush is also short and easy to control, making it ideal for liquid liner newbies. The slim pens are convenient – go ahead and pack ‘em all into your makeup bag – and are color-matched to each shade. 

 This eye liner comes in ten other colors which is really nice if you like to play around with eye liner colors since it has a lot of variation from black to bronze to even hot pink!



 If you notice with the picture above, that is what the eye liner looks like on my lashline. The color pay off is amazing since its a carbon black color which is great for an everyday eye line color. And also with the ultra fine brush tip you can apply thick or thin lines. You can even try doing calligraphy with this one...if you are really light handed LOL.

Now to really test if this is waterproof.




I placed my hand under running water to see if this will lose its color but lucky enough it didn't even budge.




But when I tried to check if this is smudge proof, that was when I got disappointed. With only one swipe, the product easily came off. Good thing is it doesn't leave a mark on the skin which is great if you are cleaning it up, but if you accidentally rubbed this off your eyes, it will probably rub off real fast.



I also noticed that if your lids are naturally oily and you didn't prime your lids the eyeliner tends to chip off after some time. If you have the habit of rubbing your eyes, this eyeliner will be easily rubbed off your lash line even without water or make up remover which is a bit of a bad thing if you ask me.

Things I love about the product: 

  • Really nice brush - Its not too stiff or flimsy. 
  • Can achieve the desired thickness or thinness of eye liner within application. 
  • Many colors to chose from. 
  • Free! (It came from the Book of Shadows palette)

Things I don't like about the product: 

  • Not locally available. 
  • Easily rubs off. 


Verdict? 

I do love this eyeliner but I believe it doesn't really last that long which is something I really want to have to minimize touch ups within the day.

Will I repurchase this product? 

I don't think so. Its not locally available which is a huge deal breaker for me. I would like to try locally based eye liners instead when I finish this product.

Who do I recommend this to? 

I would recommend this to those that would like to have a precise and fool proof eye line application.

Have you tried this eyeliner? What do you think about it? I'd love to know what you think of it on the comment box below.

Have a safe week ahead!

Much Love!

xx Alice


Comments

Ellie Balangue said…
I'm actually looking for Pinay blog to follow. I'm glad I found yours. Everything about makeup interests me for I'm really poor at it. Looks like you'll be having a visitor all the time :) great post, btw! i'm your new follower! hope you could check out my blog and perhaps follow too if you'd like. have a great day ahead! :)


xx
ellie
http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo