Movie Night: Beastly



Hello ladies! Last Sunday while TV surfing I was able to see this movie. I think this was just released last year or so and I was surprised with this film because it reminded me so much of Beauty and the Beast. The only thing is the setting of the film was in New York.

According to what I remembered, Kyle Kingson who is an arrogant and vain son of a wealthy news anchor thinks too much of himself and also he bullies other. One day he was 'cursed' into a bald, tattooed scarred shell the only thing that can break it if he finds someone that would love him more what the eyes can see.




I know its really LIKE the beauty and the beast but the only thing that differentiates it is that the only magic that was shown in the film is how Kyle transformed. There were no pots and candlesticks that talked in this movie.


The movie was a bit vague since it ended with happy ever after when Kyle transformed back to his old self. There was no other great things that happened at the near end of the film.

Over all the film was a good one to watch but in terms of the depth of the story, you will get lost half way. I don't know I just didn't get it at the end. It just made me think that the story mostly revolved around the two of them which was a bit boring now but I guess that is a love story for you.

I think watching too much Japanese and Korean movies got me more. I like the depth of the stories in Japanese and Korean movies. Somehow you know how the character feels although sometimes you won't be able to read the subtitles because they are too darn fast! haha!

So what movie have you watched lately?

Let me know on the comment box below!

-- Alice


Comments

Arrienne said…
I watched this already and I can say I wasn't impressed much but it was okay...:) Thanks for sharing! ^^

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo