Make up 101: How to Prevent Cakey Foundation



Hello awesome ladies!

I am back with another Make up 101 Wednesday! I'm sorry I haven't posted this for some time because I have tons of back logs that I need to put them on the top of my list first. But since I have finished my back logs I am now back with another helpful tips for your make up concerns.



Foundation is one of the first products we apply to our skin to make our skin flawless and evenly toned. One of the biggest concerns I hear from my friend is when they get cakey with their foundation. Cakey foundation is a no-no since it makes the skin look fake and makes the foundation obvious.


I've had my fair share of having a cakey face and I am so embarrassed to look at the photos of what I looked like on that event. But I think now I am able to say I have passed the test of getting cakey and I will share to you some of the things I do to get a flawless finish without the cake.



1. Skin care.

It is always important to have a good skin care regimen. If you are just starting with your skin care regimen you can just follow the 3 step rule: Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize, then from there you can add on exfoliating 2-3 times a week if you have oily skin while only once or twice a week for dry skin.



2. Get a primer.

This is optional if you are just starting. But what a face primer does is it creates a smooth surface for your skin and creates a separator between the foundation and your skin. Another thing that primers do is they fill up large pores to minimize them and if you have fine lines they will be gone...well at least for the day. 



3. Choose the right formula and color for your skin.

I made this combo since its really important to get the right shade for your face as possible. You also have to choose the right formulation so it will last longer in your face. Check my previous post about Foundation formulas and what to choose here



4. Use make up tools.

Its okay to use your hands to apply your foundation but it would really be best if you use a tool since our hands get a lot of germs that can transfer to our face. And also using your hands to apply your foundation might look uneven if you are a beginner.



5. Use concealer for major blemishes.

Even if your foundation can double up as concealer, still use a concealer ONLY for major blemishes like scars. Because the more you put foundation on that acne scar the more it will be obvious - trust me I've been there.



6. Use blotting paper not powder to touch up.

If you have oily skin blotting paper is a great product to use to lessen the shine. So instead of packing up that compact in your face try to use a blotting paper first then top it with powder.

Already cakey? One quick solution is just spray some face mist in your face and gently pat on your sponge into those cakey areas to even it out.

I hope these tips help you un-cake your foundation.

Good luck and have fun!

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Unknown said…
i really want to try that smashbox but its a lil pricey!
Alice said…
@Jenny Austria I agree! Its really pricey but super worth it especially for photo shoots ^^,

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo