Product Review: Garnier Pure Active Fruit Energy Facial Foam



Hello lovelies! 

Don't you ever have that feeling that your anti acne cleanser is making your skin duller than usual? I've had that experience before and I don't like it since instead of making my skin much better, it actually made it worst. 

But would you wish there is a product that not only lessens your break out but also brightens your skin? There is actually one in the market which is Garnier's Pure Active Fruit Energy Facial Foam!


I got this nifty thing on my loot bag when I attended the Belle de Jour Primp and Prettify event last September. I was quite curious with this since its a new product and it claims it could brighten the skin.

I am really not sure if this is available in the market already since this was first introduced during the BDJ event. I will keep you posted with this for sure!


As a background, I have oily-combination skin which also makes my skin acne prone at times. I did have an episode of break outs but those were just during my adolescent and college years. Nowadays, I still break out but not that much anymore since I've been taking care of my skin more. 

In all honestly, I didn't really put as much expectation in this product so I won't get hurt at the end. I did doubt its claim of brightening my skin since most products I've used that claimed that didn't really work for me. 

The main ingredient of this product is Grapefruit, Pomegranate, and Vitamin C. 


Some of the benefits of grapefruit is it has anti oxidants and also it refreshes our skin from the daily grind and grime. Grapefruit is also known to make the skin more firm and soft.

For Pomegranate, it is known to have antioxidants too, it has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti aging properties to promote a more radiant skin.


Vitamin C is actually quite known to have anti aging properties and also it is ascorbic acid which promotes collagen which is good to firm the skin.

The product packaging is quite refreshing in the eye since its orange tube with a slice of pomegranate and grapefruit. If compared to the previous packaging of Garnier this has a more bright and fun packaging which is a plus if you ask me. The product itself is a creamy cleanser that has a slight orange tint. Another thing is the scent since it has a refreshing yet mild citrus scent to it. But if you are sensitive to scents, don't worry since the scent is quite mild and it dissipates easily once used in the face.   

Within about 5 days of using this, I've noticed some difference with my skin. It did dried out my break outs faster and also it did brighten my skin. I also noticed that some of my problem areas ( T-zone and chin area) has reduced shine.



This is the before shot.
My skin actually look okay in this shot if you check the after picture you will see a HUGE difference. 








 Another visible change is that I don't get oily that quick anymore. Usually my skin would show signs of oiliness about an hour after washing my face, but with this one it made it a bit longer which is really great since I don't want to be a grease ball on my way to work. I actually love using this product a lot because it makes my skin really nice before I go to work and when I get home.

The only thing I don't really like about it is it doesn't foam as much as I want. It is a foaming cleanser after all so I was expecting full on foam action, but I only got a lather up no matter how much I massage my face. But nonetheless it made my skin say Thank you! 

 

Things I love about the product: 

- Has a refreshing feeling and scent to the skin. 
- Visible results within a couple of days. 
- Dried out my breakouts faster. 
- Did not break me out. 
- Has a refreshing packaging. 
- Did what it claims. 

Things I don't like about the product: 

- It doesn't foam up that much. (personal preference)

Verdict? 

This is a definite love it item for me. I like the scent also it dried out my break outs a lot faster. Its a product that I really keep reaching to pamper my skin.

Who do I recommend this to? 

If you want your skin to brighten up and also lessen your break outs this is a must try. Also if you like citrus scents, this has a very citrus scent that you would like to smell over and over again. 

That's it for today! I hope you girls liked my review. I tried to give you all the details about this product. I know that Garnier will be launching this product soon so make sure to check it out once its out! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo