Product Review: Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Fuschia Fever


Hey lovelies! 

I am back with a new review! 

I've actually posted this about a week ago on my beauty channel on youtube, I hope you show some love and subscribe there. I will be posting new make up looks as soon as our internet connection is much better.

I hope you are having a great day ahead. Its a Sunny Friday here so I hope you are having a great day too! 


On today's review would be all about Maybelline's Colorsensational lipstick in Fuchsia Fever. 



This is retailed for about 399PHP per tube is quite cheap if you ask me. Maybelline is more of a mid range product for me since the price range is quite higher than the drugstore make up but still cheaper than the high end ones here in Manila but still delivers good quality. You can purchase this at any Maybelline stalls.

The color I chose is Fuchsia Fever which is a bright pink shade that has a purple-ish to blue-ish undertone to it. If you ask me this shade is quite bright for me but I don't care since I like to add a pop of color through my lip color. I think this shade is better if you have very fair skin. If you do have the typical Filipina skin color, I would suggest another shade since this would make you look darker as per experience to some of my friends. 


The claim of the product is the color lasts and also moisturizes the lips since it has honey nectar. Honey is quite known for its moisturizing properties to the skin as well so I had some hopes up.


Upon application, I noticed that it glided evenly in my lips which is really nice. The product doesn't feel heavy to the lips so if you are not so much into full coverage lippies. It doesn't feel sticky even if I apply two coats of this baby to my lips which are awesome


This is what the lipstick looks like on my lips and my first reaction was OH MAY GOODNESS! The color is really bright, its like neon pink but its not overwhelming. 

I used this for about 8 hours without reapplying nor touch ups and I noticed that the lipstick did bleed a little to the sides and by the 6th or 7th hour the lipstick is not that visible though it left a tint to the lips. And also it didn't really hydrate my lips throughout the experience, the moisturizing effect only lasted for about 3 hours in the experience.



What I like about the product: 

- Affordable. 
- Locally available. 
- Great pigmentation. 
- Chic packaging. 
- Lasted quite a long time. 
- Left a tint to the lips. 

What I didn't like about the product: 

- Bled a little at the edges. 
- Some may not be keen with its shade. 
- Not suitable for darker skin tone. (personal opinion)
- Didn't moisturize my lips as its supposed to be.

Verdict?

I do love this lipstick. I like the pigmentation, the shade and the packaging.The price is okay for me since I have a bigger budget, but if you have below 500PHP, I wouldn't really recommend this to buy. The only flaw is that it didn't moisturize my lips long enough. But still I think this is a good buy since the color can be the focal point of your look. 

Who do I recommend this to? 

I would recommend this to those that like a bright colored lippie. I wouldn't really recommend this to darker skin tones since it would also make your skin darker as it is. And also if you like pinks, this is a great shade to use. 

Have you tried this lipstick line? What's your shade? 

Share them below, I would love to see yours too! 

Much Love! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo