Product Review: Bella Pierre Brushes


Hello ladies!

How's your Tuesday so far? For me its a typical 35 classes today. It may seem weird that I have that much students today but believe me that is just a small amount when you are an online teacher.

Okay lets begin with today's review!



If you remembered I bought myself a brush set and its been months that I've been using it so here's the review. And I'm sorry if I won't be providing an individual brush pictures since my camera is not cooperating with me.

Here are the brushes in order:


1. Big Face Brush.
2. Angled Blush/contour brush
3. Fan Brush
4. Concealer brush
5. Flat Shader Brush
6. Sponge Tip Applicator
7. Blending brush
8. Lip brush
9. Angled eye liner brush
10. Shader brush

I will be reviewing them one by one to let you know if I like this or not. The final verdict will be based on the brushes that I liked.

1. Big Face Brush.

I usually use this to apply translucent powder or face powder when I'm a hurry. The brush is actually big enough to apply my powder. The bristles are a bit scratchy but its tolerable. The brush doesn't pick up much product though so you may have a hard time with this brush. 

Pros:
- Big enough to apply powder to face.
- sturdy handle.
- Did not shed much
- Did not have any bleeding when you wash it.

Cons:
- Doesn't pick up much product.
- Sheds a lot when I used it the first time. 

Neutral:
- The brush is not that dense
- The bristles are a little scratchy but its tolerable.

Verdict:

I like this brush although its a little scratchy on my face. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't pick up the amount of powder I want. But over all I like it.

Now lets move on to

2. Angled Blush/contour brush

I was actually excited for this one since I will be using it mostly for blush while my Marionnaud is only for contour or applying foundation. Compared to the face brush, the bristles in this brush are soft and it picks up a good amount of powder.Only thing that is a let down is that its not that dense enough if I try to use this to contour.

Pros:
- Great for applying blush.
- Bristles are soft.
- Not flimsy.
- Apply a good amount of powder.

Cons: 
- Brush is not dense.
- Not good for contouring.

Verdict: 
I like this brush since I can take it with me. I can also use this as a powder brush. Too bad though that I can't use this as a contour brush :(

3. Fan Brush

I've used this a couple of times when I need to sweep fall outs from my eye shadows and true enough it did its job flawlessly. My friend actually borrowed this one time as her contour brush although its a little thin it did a great job contouring her nose. I didn't know you can use it at that. Only thing I don't like about it is that its quite hard to clean this brush.

Pros: 
- Doesn't bleed.
-Good to use to sweep fall outs.

Cons: 
- Hard to wash off the product.
- Bristles are not soft.
- Too flimsy

Verdict: 
As much as I would say that I love this brush its not really a favorite of mine. It did a great job in sweeping out the fall outs but its too flimsy so its a big let down.


4. Concealer brush
This is actually one concealer brush that I think its too big to be one. I actually use this as an blending brush sometimes. I like that it has a thick handle since most concealer brushes I have are too thin that sometimes they slip from my hand.

Pros: 
-- Good handle.
-- Firm bristles.
-- Doesn't bleed when you wash it.
-- Can also be used as an eye shadow brush.

Cons:
-- Too big for a concealer brush.
-- its too firm for a concealer brush.
- Its too dense to apply concealer.

Verdict: 
I love this brush more as an eye shadow brush than a concealer brush. Its too dense to apply concealer but just enough to apply eye shadow. 

5. Flat Shader Brush
I mostly use this brush to pack up the color on my lids - especially on the center part of my lids. Its pretty decent and good to use although sometimes it slips off my hand since the handle is too darn thin.

Pros:
-- Doesn't bleed when you wash it.
-- Dense brush for packing up the color.
-- Soft bristles.
-- Doesn't shed that much.

Cons:
None so far.

Verdict:
I like this brush. I usually go for a one color eyeshadow sometimes so this is great to pack up the color. It doesn't really bother me if it slips out of my hands. Yes. I am that clumsy and its not the brush's fault Alice LOL

6. Sponge Tip Applicator
I use this as a smudger for my eyeliner but I have never used it to apply my eye shadow. I just think that it would take me a long time washing it if I use if for that. I think this is the first sponge tip applicator that actually lasted since I also wash this after using.

Pros:
- Good smudger for eyeliner.
- doesn't give me a hard time when I clean it up.

Cons:
None.

Verdict:

I can't say I love it since I don't use this that much but I like using it on occasions that I need a smudger. 

7. Blending brush
I have been using my brush most of the time for my eyes when I need to blend out the harsh edges. I did have a hard time with this brush since it sheds quite a lot the first time I used it but as of the moment I haven't experienced excessive shedding.


Pros:
-- Super soft and fluffy
-- Great for blending
-- Doesn't have any bleeding.


Cons:
-- It sheds like crazy during the first use.

Verdict:
I was a bit annoyed with this brush at first because of the shedding but as of the moment I like it since it doesn't that much anymore.


8. Lip brush
I've used this for only one time since I mostly like to apply my lipstick from the tube.


Pros: 
None.

Cons:
None


Verdict:

Yes. I am undecided with this one since I haven't used it a lot.

9. Angled eye liner brush
 Quite honestly this eyeliner brush is one of those brushes you would rather use on your brows than your eyes. I've tried this for my eyes and it did not made an impact on me.


Pros: 
-- Firm bristle.


Cons: 
-- I wouldn't prefer to use this on my eyes. I'd rather use this on my brows. 

Verdict: 
I am also undecided with this brush since I don't use it THAT much.


10. Shader brush
I mostly use this to put eye shadow on my crease area. I don't do much blending or packing up color with this one since its has a straight edge and also its too soft and its not dense enough.

Pros: 
-- doesn't bleed when you wash it . 
- can also be used as nose contour brush.

Cons: 
- Doesn't prefer as a blending brush.

Verdict:
Although this brush it too soft and not that dense enough I still like it. It actually becomes more of an all around highlighter/nose contour brush for me.

Over All Verdict: 

Over all I think this is a good brush set. It did have some flaws but it did a great job to help me in applying make up. I will try to get another set since I need that one if I have make up gigs.

I'll give this brush set a 3 out of 5 stars.

For 3,000PHP its a good investment but I think there are more brushes that you can try out.

So sorry for the super long post. If ever I do another brush review I won't make it as long as this.

Thank you so much for reading!

What brushes can you recommend for me to try out?

Comment below please!

Much Love!

-- Alice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo