Korean Music and Sexism with Female Performers

Ola! Happy Monday! 

As far as everyone knows I love K-pop. K-pop offers something that you can escape into. I like OPM no doubt about that but sometimes K-pop gives me that break from the usual melodies and beats I hear here in the Philippines. 

So talking about K-pop, I have been addicted to this song from a group named Raina. 




This girl group actually is very different from the others since they're first song out shows a lot of sexy images if you know what I mean. I have listened the English version of their song "Doctor Feel Good" and it does give you the thought of....WAIT STOP! 



These girls have been called "sluts" "whores" and other derogatory terms because of the song. My only thought about this was why? are they really like that? I don't think so. 

Facades can be much different on the inside. I feel bad for these girls honestly because of the song they get a lot of criticism but they also have a lot of fans to support them. And one thing is that the song was written as a dance track, not an after-sex song. 

And besides its not just them that has a sexy image. You can look at Lee hyori, Girls Generation and other female performers. There is just one focal point - Sex sells. It doesn't mean that just because they sing a song that implies a lot of sexuality that they are looking for it themselves - its a SONG that SOMEONE wrote for them. 



Let me know what you think about the song and about female sexuality in the entertainment industry. I basically like the song because of its melody and rhythm. Nothing else. 

Much Love! 

-- Alice

Comments

hi!
i soooo love k-po and everything korean too!!!!
more power!
kaye
http://kayelangit-luistro.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo