Skin Care for Teens


Quite happy with my skin now but still need to get the scars erased ^^


Ola gorgeous! 

Really sorry I wasn't able to blog make up 101 yesterday, there were just a lot of things going on that I wasn't able to write my post about it but I will make another post next week instead. 

Now onto today's topic. 

Skin care is an essential part to make our face a great canvas when we apply make up. If you have good skin the make up will show flawless and very natural, but it will be the other way around if you don't have good skin. It sounds bad I know but it is the truth. 


When I was in high school, I had that phase that I had major break out and most of them were in my cheek area. Acne and break outs could really take a toll on your self esteem that's why I develop a way to lessen those nasty break outs and I would like to share this to all young girls out there. I won't be mentioning product names since there are a lot available in the market, just choose what you think is best. 



1. Cleansing the face. 

When cleansing the face always take in consideration your skin type. Most of the time in this phase our skin would be too oily or too dry. Base on personal experience and also my friends most of them have very dry or very oily skin. 

If you have dry skin, find a moisturizing cleanser to retain the moisture in your skin to balance it out. If you have oily skin or acne prone skin, focus more on gentle oil free cleanser. If you have sensitive skin, go for hypoallergenic types. 

Also use warm water to wash your face but on the final wash off use cold water to close the pores. 


2. Tone your face.

Toners are another parts that we need to use since it will clean off excess dirt on our face that didn't get washed off by the cleanser.

I suggest going for alcohol free toners (yes there is such a thing) for all skin types. Alcohol is very drying for the skin so keep it away from your face.



3. Moisturize.

Moisturizing can help our skin retain water which keeps our face from drying up. For dry skin look for a moisturizer that has lanolin or petrolatum to seal moisture in your skin.  For oily skin, go for an oil free moisturizer.

4. Exfoliate and weekly pamper sessions


Exfoliation basically gets rid of dead skin to your face, dead skin build up can make your make up uneven. I would recommend at least once a week exfoliation for dry skin while it can be two to three for oily skin. Do not do daily exfoliation because it can make your skin take off too much which can lead to sensitive skin.


Weekly pamper sessions like facials and massages are great for the skin since it will regulate blood circulation and make your skin look more alive. Facials can be the home made ones or you can buy face masks. Once a week is enough for pamper sessions because its something that give us that extra boost to feel much better after a weeks workload.


Me and my newly cleansed my face ..I should really need to have a facial one of these days :)

I am still battling my break out problems but I hope these helped you start taking care of your skin more. Its actually much better if you start during your puberty and adolescence age.

Hope you like this post!

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Unknown said…
New follower here, Just blog walking.
PLease do visit and follow my blog. Im having a giveaway you can win MAC, MakeUp Forever and many more.
Visit my blog for more details :)
http://pinkmommy3030.blogspot.com/2012/10/50-subscribers-giveaway.html
Janet said…
I don't see any scars nor breakout at all! envy you, unlike me I battle for acne every now and done T____T
Great post anyway! thanks for sharing ^_~
Alice said…
@Milna Tulao thanks for following! Will definitely check out your blog soon :)
Alice said…
@Janet awww don't envy me Janet! :) I still break out but not as worse when I was still in HS :) and most of my acne scars are in my chin area kaya hindi kita :)
Chrissy said…
I still have bad skin to this day, and I really need to take better care of my skin. :S

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo