Kpop Fridays! Common Korean Phrases.



Hello! I am back with Kpop Friday! 

I think I wasn't able to make one last week because I was drained with workload, but I'm so glad to be able to do one today! I'll be doing a lot this weekend so expect a lot of double posts within the next week. But this post is not about that! Its about Kpop and Korean culture! 


As you may or may not know, I work as an online English teacher for a Korean online company in which I teach Koreans English. It is a hard job but quite interesting since most of my students are kids. I grew up with no younger siblings, that is why I act more as an Unni to them than a teacher.


But how would you act or what would you say if you meet a Korean? 

Here are some basic things you can say: 

1. Saying Hello

An yeong ha se yo

안녕하세요

 There are actually different kinds of saying Hello in Korean but An yeong ha se yo is the most basic. 

2. How are you?

Chal ji-nae-shŏ-ssŏ-yo?

잘 지내셨어요?
3. I'm Fine!

Ne. Chal ji-nae-ssŏ-yo

 네. 잘 지냈어요.

Since we have established the introduction, let's now go to some basic things you can say if you need help: 

Can you help me? 

Chom to-wa-ju-shil ssu i-ssŭ-shi-na-yo?

좀 도와주실 수 있으시나요?

I'm lost.

Ki-rŭl i-rŏ-bŏ-ryŏ-ssŏ-yo.

길을 잃어버렸어요.

Here is my favorite part - Introduction. 

When introducing yourself to a Korean is something quite important since it will leave an impression for them for sure. 

My name is ...

Chŏ-nŭn_____i-e-yo. 

저는 ____이에요.

Example: 

Cho-nun Arisui-e-yo.

I changed my name from Alice to Arisu since by experience most Koreans would pronounce my name Alisu or Arisu. Same also applies to my Teacher name Alex which becomes Alexu to my students. I know it sounds funny but that is how my students talk ^^.

I will stop at this part for now but I will surely do another one of these next time. If you have any requests please do comment below and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can ^^, 

Much Love! 

And Happy weekend! 

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo