Product Review: Make Station Eyeliner Cake


Hello ladies! I am back with a new review!

I will be reviewing my latest eyeliner which is Make Station's eye liner. I don't think this is available in the Philippines, but I will give you an alternative product you can purchase.



I have been using this for a while now and I've also done some research with it.

Cake eyeliners are a type of water activated liquid liner. You can use this with water alone or a medium that can make it long lasting. 

At first I thought that its an eyeliner, but if you use this as an eyeliner it would look like crap. Yes. Crap!!!

I had a dum dum moment with this a while back with a client and we were both laughing out loud because she insisted I use this as a definer for her smokey eyes. LOL!

But any who going back to the topic.

My mom got this for me and I love her so much for getting me this one! I think she got this at around 200+ I seriously can't remember though. You do have to use an eyeliner brush for this since most eye liner cakes don't come with a brush.



I like how this is like a liquid eyeliner but NOT one. I had a hard time back then when I was starting with make up, that I end up using eyeliner pencil instead. Staying power is okay, but if you are going to use water, expect it to smudge after a couple of hours. So it is highly recommended to use a medium for this one. Its very pigmented even if you use water.

If using this product, put the liquid medium at a separate cap, don't put it directly on the cake eyeliner because it can be a breeding ground for bacteria.

Things I like about it:
- Very pigmented.
- Easy to use.
- Simple packaging.
- Very easy to remove.

What I don't like about it:
- If used with only water, it will smudge.
- Doesn't come with a brush.

Verdict:
Over all I love this product! I do have to buy a liquid medium for this one but above all I love it!

Will I repurchase it?
Hmmm... As of now I will have to pass on buying another eyeliner cake. I do have to buy a liquid medium for it.

Okay since make station is not available in the Philippines, I do suggest you get the Ben Nye Eyeliner cake  which is available at Style Quarter in Multiply. You can check here

NOTE: I am not being sponsored nor contacted by the said establishment to feature them on this blogpost. Just sayin'

Have you tried eye liner cakes? or do you prefer pencil, liquid, or gel eye liners?

Let me know below!

Much Love!

xx Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo