Kpop Friday: Reply 1997 and I Need Romance




Hello ladies! I am back with a new Kpop Friday post! Yey! So happy since its Friday! I will be a bit busy tomorrow but I will let you know why next time ^_^





On today's post I will be talking about the two KDramas that I have been drooling over..drooling over talaga teh? 

It's Reply 1997 and I Need Romance!

I have been all over TVn Dramas and sitcoms all of a sudden, maybe because you can relate to the storyline or plot and also the characters are quite realistic to begin with...in terms of the storyline that is.

Source

Reply 1997 is a sitcom mainly about the Kpop world during the 1990s. This follows the life of Seong Si Won (APink's Jung Eun Ji) who is a fangirl of H.O.T and also her 5 Highschool friends Yoon Jae (Seo In Guk), Hak chan(Eun Ji Won) Joon Hee (Infinite's Hoya) and among others.


I was mainly into this series because it looks back on the 1990's. I was born 1989 so I basically am a 90's kid. I became a Kpop fangirl around 2000 which was when H.O.T. and Sechkies had disbanded if my memory serves me right.

There are alot of funny scenes in this series as well as tear jerky ones. The thing that I like most about this series is that there are a lot of twists. I have just finished watching EP 10 and I heard that this series only has 16 episodes :(

Now lets move on to I Need Romance.


This series tackles more of a mature audience since its about 30+ ladies tackling about love, sexuality, and friendship. You may think about Sex and the City without the over sexual bed scenes - The series is in Korean Tv so most probably the bed scenes are not THAT sexual.


Here is the synopsis I found from Asianwiki.com

"I Need Romance" depicts the love lives of three 33-year-old single women ....

Sun Woo In Young (Jo Yeo-Jeong) is a 33-year-old concierge manager at a hotel. She isn't married, but has a boy friend named Kim Sung-Soo (Kim Jeong-Hoon) who is a movie director. They have been dating for 10 years. Sun Woo In Young hopes her boyfriend will propose to her, but he doesn't seem to have any plans for marriage. Meanwhile, In Young happens to kiss Bae Sung-Hyun (Choi Jin-Hyeok) at a nightclub. Sung-Hyun works at the same hotel as In Young. She later learns that Sung-Hyun is the son of the hotel's president. When In Young learns her boyfriend Sung-Soo is slept with actress Kang-Hee, she informs him that she is breaking up with him and will date Sung-Hyun.

Park Seo-Yeon (Choi Yeo-Jin) runs an online clothing store named Y style. She has a freewheeling lifestyle and is active in pursuing her desired.

Kang Hyun-Joo (Choi Song-Hyeon) is a lawyer specializing in divorce. Her life has been controlled by her mother. From a distance, Hyun-Joo appears as a cold, arrogant woman with a perfectionist mentality, but actually she has a a cute personality and frequently makes mistakes. She is dumped by her boyfriend Kim Tae-Woo (Heo Tae-Hee) at the their wedding. Although they dated for 3 years the couple only has kissed. Kim Tae-Woo later tells Hyun-Joo that he only kissed her because he did not want to have sex with her.



This series has already been finished showing in TVn Korea but its not yet finished in the TVn here in Manila. But I have finished watching the whole series thanks to the internet ^_^

The thing I like about I Need Romance is that there is an equal balance between the three female characters. But if you want to know who had the most storyline it would be In Young's part. I can actually relate this story to a couple I know.

That's it for today's Kpop Friday. whew~ That was a handful :D I have been watching more KDramas now since most of the time those are the shows that I can watch for hours.

Be sure to check out tomorrow on TVn since they will be having a marathon run of I Need Romance yey!

Have a safe weekend!

Much Love!

-- Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo