Movie Night: Virginity Hit and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.




Whenever I can't sleep I would usually go watch some movies on HBO or online. It’s a little frustrating when there is no good show on TV...Like seriously? There.is.no.good.program.

I was able to watch 2 good films on HBO a couple of nights ago. One was Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Virginity Hit. I would actually say that these films are great to watch if you don't really like cookie-cutter films. You know the type that boy meets girls, they fall in love, they fight, then make up and then the end scenario.

 Real life isn't like that if you think about it.


Okay Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World I think is one of the funniest movies I've seen. This is basically about a guy named Scott Pilgrim who falls in love with Ramona Flowers and in order for them to date he has to defeat her 7 evil exes. Talk about weird right? But here's the twist - the movie is set in a game-like sequence. Each character actually has his/her own special ability. What I like more in this film is the fact that some of their punch lines are very anime-like which kinda turns off some people. 

So now for virginity hit. This one I think is a B-rated movie/mockumentary style. If you are a MassCom or into films you would know what that means ^^, with virginity hit it’s more on like random videos of 4 friends: Matt, Zach, Jacob and Justin set in New Orleans, Louisiana. When I was watching this film it kinda made me remember good times I had with my buddies on the road - well without the drugs and the booze and sex. Yes this movie has those three I don't think this is good to watch with your kid haha! I like this film because of the simplicity of the plot and how relatable the characters are. Its just makes you feel like you are looking in front of the mirror when watching this film.

My usual kinds of films are more based on the relativity of the characters and how effective they are in portraying it. My brain works differently when it comes to movies. I suddenly become more analytical sometimes but it would depend on the scenario of the film.

So what kind of movies fancy or tickles your brain?

Let me know on the comment box and I'll talk to you soon okay?

Much Love!

-- Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo