Product Review: Avon Simply Pretty Big Eye Pencil


Ola!
 I’m back with another review. I
t seems I have been doing reviews lately. 
I gotta post them since I’ve made them like 2 weeks ago haha!

I was a busy bee last week so I have a valid excuse! Char! Wahaha!

Okay so for today’s review I will be reviewing Avon’s Big Eye Pencil.

At first look it may look like a crayon, that was what my nephew and niece thought. They actually tried to use it. Thankfully I was able to stop them hehe.

As far as I remember this product came out in their February 2011 issue. 
You can use it in 2 ways:

1. Eyeshadow
2. Eyeliner 

This comes in 3 colors: Rose, Emerald, and a blue one. I actually forgot its name sorry :( . Packaging wise it is very simple, not to flashy but still cute.

I was quite impressed at first because it’s a 2 in 1 product. I actually use it as a base for my eye shadows rather than by itself. I also had some issue with the color since its quite limited. It only has 3 colors while when you look into their international counterpart it has around 6 colors to choose from. Its quite cheap for 139.00 a piece.

I had to apply 3 coats of the pink one so it will stand out.  tsk!


The Pink one (rose) actually doesn’t look like pink at all. When I apply it in my eyes it comes out as white or just its shimmers. But the green one (emerald) is really pigmented. You can really use it on its own as an eyeshadow. Sharpening it is a bit of a problem because since the inside is soft you will worry if it will get ruined during the sharpening process.

Lets go with the Pro’s and Con’s

Pro’s
Can be used as base.
Very cheap

Con’s
Limited colors
Pink one comes out as white or just shimmers on my lids
Had problems with sharpening the product. Just wish AVON has a speacial sharpener or a trick to sharpen it easily.

Over all Verdict:

It’s a good product, but not a great deal for me at the moment.

Will I repurchase?

No. Although I haven’t tried the blue one, its better for me to pass on this one.

Thank you so much for reading this article that I have for you today!

Have you tried using this product? Or any Avon products that you regret buying? Let me know on the comments box and I’ll see you girl on the next post!

Much love!

Alice

Comments

DeBi said…
i was browsing the product from my my friend's brochure but thought of not buying because I found shimmers by just looking at the pic. and I am glad I did!

:)
Alice said…
great choice! ^_^ thanks for dropping by ^_^

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo