Product Review: St. Ive's Apricot Scrub


This product comes in many variants. They have body washes, lotions and also facial washes and scrubs. They also cater their product to different skin types too.

I have tried their apricot scrub and I honestly swear that this product saved me from my pre-adolescent acne problems, sorry no pictures to prove since I'm so scared of the camera back then hehe!. I actually paired this up with my Neutrogena anti blemish bar (I'll give a review about this product next time)

So before I begin with this review, I would just remind you girls that this is based on what I have experienced while using the product. And I am not being paid nor am I affiliated with the company being mentioned in this review.

Let's begin our review with this product shall we?




The Claim:

According to the website www.stives.com

Product Claims

    Oil-free • Non-irritating • dermatologist-tested • 100% natural exfoliants • 100% natural extracts • Formulated without parabens and phthalates • Made without animal ingredients • Not tested on animals.

Key ingredients

1. Apricot -- thus with the name Apricot scrub

2. Corn Kernel Meal

3. Walnut.


In terms of appearance, this product has a very grainy look and texture. It has like a mix of browns, oranges and cream for the product. Using the product is quite easy. Moisten your face with water, get a sufficient product into our fingers and massage away. You do have to avoid direct contact with your eyes because it will blind you.

Let’s go now to the pros and cons..

Pros: 

1. Really cheap -- a tube costs around 150-180php. Product will last a long time, more likely it will last for 3 months. 
2. has a mild scent that is not going to irritate your skin. 
3. Simple yet chic packaging. 
4.  It clears my skin. 
5.It also removes blackheads and whiteheads. 
6. Good for everyday use (if you have oily skin)

Cons:

Because of grainy texture, you have to be careful in massaging it in your face. Its actually okay for me but I think the texture might irritate some skin types.

The Verdict...

I definitely love this product! This product really made my skin clearer and better! The product may have a grainy texture that can lead to over exfoliating; I suggest mildly exfoliating your skin in a circular motion.

Will I repurchase?

Of course! This product is a must have for me. I really need to buy one soon because I've ran out :)

Have you tried other variants of St. Ives? Tell me your experience on the comment box below!

See yah on the next post!

Much Love!

-- Alice

Comments

Unknown said…
this thing the bomb, pare. nothing can compare to this, ang mahal pa ng iba ;-)
Jes Roque said…
I also love St. Ives! :)
Alice said…
@marge -- IKR? sobrang cheap yet suuuper effective! My dad noticed the difference kaya! haha!

@jesroque -- ^_^ thanks for reading the post ^_^
Zatheela said…
i just bought myself the white tube :-D and used it once and i love it!!!!!!! and its sooo cheap i cant beleive i hv never used it before!!
bebe said…
hiyangan cguro? back in 2001 college ko daming classmate use this.. idk it didnt make me smooth nmn.. i read that if u hav existing acne dnt scrub ur face cos ull irritate it and make acne worse? but i also like how u feel super clean n refresh after using it yun nga lng didnt improve my skin or cleared the zits
Alice said…
@ZatZ -- I know right? St Ives is actually very good although a bit rough to use so you have to use it once every 2 or 3 days :)

@bebe-- really? siguro it really depends per person yung product :) thanks for dropping by! :)

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo