Top Reads for January to June 2011


I am a certified bookworm. I am well aware of that. From the extensive collection I have at home I usually finish one book in 2 hours regardless if it is 100 pages or more. So I am listing my Top reads from January to June of 2011. I will not state when I started reading them. ^_^ Lets begin! 





The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughin and Nicola Kraus

This book was actually turned into a movie! And I wasn’t able to watch it. I dunno but reading the book before watching the movie is much better because some parts of the book was either altered or was not added in the film. This book basically sees the point of view of a nanny in the Upper East Side Manhattan society. If you watch Gossip Girl you can say that this is Doroda’s point of view teehee! This book was written by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, it’s basically a satire of something we don’t see every day. A good book to read when I feel low and need some boost on a weekend.


Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

This is one of those books that you can’t help but say, “I am so like that! “ I am not saying that I am A shopaholic. I have the same urges and tendencies to spend a lot. But mostly I spend on food for my family. I like to wine and dine with my mom so don’t judge me! LOL
The book is an easy read and almost everyone –including me likes the plot. The characters are also very relatable in some way. I actually finished reading this book for only 1 hour.

New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

This is basically a no-brainer because I really really and I mean REALLY like the twilight series. My one great wish before was someone to give me a whole set of this books, or I can buy a set of this. But then I have my e-books at home LOL. The love story of a human and a vampire is so intriguing that you can’t let go of the book. Honestly I read this book 5 times before I got over the hype. LOL

Those are my Top reads for the moment. I do read lots of books but some of them are kinda boring of a sort. I really like reading history books believe it or not, but those are mostly the books I read when I need to refresh my mind with what happened.
My favorite book is actually a book I had when I was in High School. I can’t remember the name for some reason (stupid aging process! LOL ) It’s a mix of European civilizations. I’ll have to do more research on that though.  

Hope you like this post!

See yah on the next post! ^_^

Much Love!

Alice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo