Why do I blog?

I have been asked this question so many times and I admit using a generic answer when people ask me this question. 
Yes I am overly pouting! bleh! haha!



There can be a lot of things I can say to you why I blog on a daily basis. But there is one thing I would like to achieve – is to be recognized. I want to be recognized with what I do and I want to know if I am that credible for being a blogger. 

blogging was basically refreshing my mind all over again. It was hard at first honestly but was able to get over the awkwardness for some time. There was an awkward phase when I was blogging since I don’t really know if people read my articles. But the longer I get to open myself here, and to also share my thoughts to you, the more I feel that I belong to the blogosphere.

during our thesis...I usually look like this when I really need to go..drink some water!
Beauty blogging is like any other industry there is out there. You have to start from somewhere to get where you want to be. I am only starting in my field, so I don’t know if I am able to make it in the scene. Beauty blogging is a lot of work that is one thing. I spend 8 to 10 hours during the weekend surfing the internet to get information to inspire me to make my blogs. I actually make my articles in advance.  It’s harder than teaching students English as a second language I can tell you that!  :D

wow serious! LOL


Being a beauty blogger requires a lot of hard work, effort and research. If you don’t have the right cards you won’t make it. Not all bloggers get the chance to be sent free items to test out. I honestly have not experience that. And also all reviews made by a beauty blogger are based on their experiences, what happened for them may not work for you. I just have this thought that a lot of girls out there blog for the wrong reasons. As I said to my other article about product reviews is that I really try out the product and give them my honest review. I purchase them with my own money and all comments are as real as the mole in my left arm…sorry going off topic now...

But in reality, we have to pull our resources together to get a good article for our readers. And also it doesn’t matter if you get paid or not in doing beauty related articles, what matters is we get to share our knowledge to others wherever they are in the world.

Much Love!

Alice

Comments

Jes Roque said…
This post made me ask the same question to myself. I have to take a retreat to find the answer. :)

Great post, Alice! Cheers!

-Jessa
http://jesroque.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
hahaha, pak, nalimutan ko na. i think i wanted to chronicle my hunt for dupes of high end stuff, kaso na-unsyami ng all natural no makeup look tas the background music was because i'm stupid from boys over flowers, then bubsbeauty kept using the ost fr bof, then the discovery channel did a full length feature on RAIN tas may snipet pa ni leader [khj-L] at gu hye sun in that discovery hip korea ep. then fuzkittie kept using RAIN'S music on her vids. and there you go. hahaha thanks to youtube i'm into kpop and korean makeup.
this post made me really love your blog even more. aside from it being informative, i love how you are so real. :)

keep it up!

xoxo,

Iya
Alice said…
@ Jes -- IKR? asking this question will really get you thinking ^_^ thanks for reading ^_^

@ Marge -- tama! ^_^ kaka-youtube naten ayan! LOL

@ iYa -- awww thank you Iya! ^_^ I really really appreciate it ^_^ naiiyak tuloy ako! I really try my best to give out something useful to everyone and I want to be as honest as possible about it too ^_^

Popular posts from this blog

My addictions: My cute yet ferocious dog named John

What were you back then?

Product Review: iColor Hair Dye Shampoo